Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80519 Thu Aug 26 2004 06:22 PM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ok... i have always wanted to know where guys have gotten some of there nick names. Like Cheese? Terry how did you get the nick name cheese? How about everybody tell there story?

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#80520 Thu Aug 26 2004 06:39 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
this should be a good thread.. can't say here some of the names i been called but the k man started at work... guess i impressed somebody and it was.. if you want it done right.. see the k man... k being the first letter of my last name... that was long ago.. been with me ever since... sometimes k dogg... go figure.. HA....

#80521 Thu Aug 26 2004 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
FIRST BACK IN THE 70'S I WAS "FIRETRUCK" BECAUSE OF MY REDDISH-BROWN HAIR. THAT WAS USED FOR ABOUT 10-12 YEARS AND THEN I BECAME "DOC" AROUND 1986 BECAUSE I WAS ALWAYS FIXING OR REPAIRING COKE CLOCKS, RESTORING SIGNS AND THE LIKE.
IF I WERE AT CARLISLE WITH FRIENDS AND I STOPPED TO LOOK AT A ROUGH PORCELAIN SIGN, THE GUYS WOULD SAY..."A BIT OF SURGERY DOC AND IT'LL LOOK LIKE NEW AGAIN!" WHEN I WAS A REAL LITTLE BUGGER NEIGHBORS (THE GROWN-UPS) CALLED ME "HOTDOG" 'CUZ THAT'S ALL I ATE! LOL!!!!

HMMM...."HOT"DOG....."FIRE"TRUCK.....I SEE A CONNECTION THERE SOMEWHERE!!

STICKING WITH........

"DOC" @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#80522 Thu Aug 26 2004 08:28 PM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
I choose my "Nick Name" because my given name is Frankinstein Sargentieiosismopoly...

------------------
Frank

Frank
#80523 Thu Aug 26 2004 08:45 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Local Frank...you're killin' me! Nick names, at work I have about 50+... old man, jerk, smart $%%, comedian,....you get the idea. Also "hosem motors", I've made a couple $$ on used cars that I've bought at work. Everywhere else my nickname is "Hollywood". Why you ask? Two versions: version #1, I occasionally wear sun glasses on overcast days. Version #2, (this is the east coast version started by my boss) I starred in "B" (x-rated) movies in my younger days........I wish!!!!

#80524 Thu Aug 26 2004 09:01 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Local Frank..ROTFLMAO..Thats FUNNY.
My real name is Darren John Floughton...I have been called "Hubba Hubba" for about 30 years..most people just call me Hubba, but I use the full Hubba Hubba for work, DJ is for "disc jockey" thus dj Hubba Hubba. when I was about 7 years old I said "Hubba Hubba" to a couple of girls walking by and everyone thought it was funny coming out of a kids mouth...it stuck everyone from my teachers in school to my Parents..they all call me Hubba...well my Dad calls me "Hubba Bear" for some reason. Maybe cause he thought Huggy bear from Starsky and Hutch was funny...i dont really know...LOL. i included "The fatboy himself" in my djing announcing "Ladies and Gentlemen...its me , the Fatboy himself..dj Hubba Hubba" I do it a handful of times every show somewhat "Branding" my name in their minds. subsequently ...many people run up to me on the street and say...hey fatboy and give me a hug...makes sense because I am fat..LOL. thats my story and I am sticking to it..LOL

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

[This message has been edited by djhubba (edited 08-26-2004).]

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#80525 Thu Aug 26 2004 09:45 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey John, you've earned the nick name of Globe Buster.

Frank, I think we're gonna need the phonetic spelling of your last name. LOL.

Me? A couple of guys call me Globemaster, but the nickname I prefer is Pops. My late son started that one and some of my friends call me that.
You can call me Lastgas, you can call me Bob, you can call me Pops, but don't call me late for dinner! (Hubba ain't the only fatboy around here)

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#80526 Fri Aug 27 2004 07:29 AM
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Gator came from a neighbor who said when we want to do something we latch on to it and don't let go until it's done. Richard

#80527 Fri Aug 27 2004 09:52 AM
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Neat thread, Globe-buster(maybe we should just start callin' Jarvis "buster"?)

I''ve been known as 'too tall' with the Corvette community for years, but in the motorcycle community I'm referred to as 'corvette mike'--go figure . Hot rod guys know me as 'earl schieb' cause I do paint & bodywork for a living.
The 'fins n v-twins' thing here goes with my real passion(other than gas)---50s cars(fins) and Harleys/Brit bikes(v-twins..Brit bikes are vertical twins).
Too much information, huh.

#80528 Fri Aug 27 2004 11:27 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
i worked at the local chev dealer bod shop for a few years & at that time 8.6.7.5.3.0.9. tommy 2 tone song played on the radio all day long & a cRaZy employee that worked in a different department was always tearing through our body shop with anything that ran...cars,motorcycles,3-wheelers, ANYTHING!
he & i were always the first ones to work & we would park our BIG BLOCK powered chevs together whenever we drove them to work. the used car dept would get a High Performance car in on trade & it seemed he always blew the motors up on them! LOL!
i bought one 68 chevelle he blew up because the chev dealer put a BRAND NEW 450 horse 454 back in it. i think i owned that one 3 times. man it was fast!

the bod shop BOSS used the shop for his personal garage for his 3 wheelers, motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc... & that nutty employee always had to tearass around on the bosses toys befoe everybody else got to work!
seemed he was always singing that song & one early morning i heard a honda street bike start up that was stored in the shop & sure enough there he went back & fourth across the bod shop & he was catching alot of gears in a short distance, going back & fourth like a mad man & singing away. i was watching behind a car beause i knew something was going to happen
SURE ENOUGH he lost it & slid across the floor & "CRASH" into the overhead door! LOL! I was rolling on the floor laughing,

He jumped up off the floor, ran & got on that bike again so fast, singing alllll the time & just smoked the rear tire across the shop & then slid it into its parking spot, jerked the handlebars straight & he ran out of the shop 100 mph still singing away!
he knew i was the only witness & i saw nothing!!!

he kept singing that song day after day & the name stuck on me, soon everybody called me that & i still sign my pinstripe work 2-day tom-2-tone!

[This message has been edited by tom 2 tone (edited 08-27-2004).]

#80529 Fri Aug 27 2004 04:42 PM
A
A
My *clean* nicknames aren't a eventfull as y'alls. Mr Wildcat (the newest) because I own a '67 Wildcat and have a fetish for all things Buick. A buddy of mine calls me flash. Don't exactly know why, either cause I like to drive fast things really fast or I like to weld (I guess I'll just go for the cool one and say 'cause I'm a speed FREAK!) And ACEman or ace cause I represent a CO called Awesome Consepts Enterprises (ACE fer short) which is how I got into the hobby in the first place.
Lets hear some more!
HTH
Jimmy

Speaking for:
Awesome Consepts Enterprises
#80530 Fri Aug 27 2004 04:59 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Billyd is short for billydoom a comic book hero that my son who is 15 now made up when he was 3.He even drew the pictures and has been drawing every since.
Bill

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved