Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8343 Tue Jan 17 2006 09:47 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Jim Potts and I put together the "gas pump museum" website at www.vintagegas.com Many of the photos on that site have come from collectors that frequent this forum. I have been contacted about the Copyright problem that many of us just learned about. My policy has always been, that the Vintagegas site is to "Help The Hobby" (remember that phrase) and that anyone is welcome to copy the photos on that site. I do not want to change that policy. If one of your photos is on my site, and you are worried about it being used to "Hold the Hobby Hostage" (HTHH?) please let me know, and that image will be removed. My appoligies to anyone that might have already been burned.
Don

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#8344 Tue Jan 17 2006 05:37 PM
A
A
Don, I'm not a copyright lawyer (Thank God!)but I do deal with copyright issues in the art and education world. It would seem obvious the images would fall under the fair use for education portion of the copyright law. As long as you aren't selling the images or decreasing their value for sale by the rightful owner you should be OK in MHO.

#8345 Tue Jan 17 2006 06:18 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
doc...my images ????... use em' any way you/they want.. much to do about nothing.. the almighty dollar... screw it... made alot of lawyers rich..who cares... like my dad said... if you leave this life and can say you made at least one friend... consider yourself lucky... so far... i'm lucky..

#8346 Tue Jan 17 2006 06:22 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Very well said kmann I agree 100% Keep up the good work Don for us to enjoy

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
#8347 Tue Jan 17 2006 06:36 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HECK, DON...YOU CAN EVEN USE MY PUMPS WITH THE GIRLS NEXT TO 'EM!
(they said it was okay)

DOC @ TAG.W

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#8348 Tue Jan 17 2006 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's a shame we have come to this. I know there is more to this story on the whole copyright stuff but neither party can talk about it.
If i post a picture on this website i don't care who uses it. If i do post a picture and don't want it used i will add "oldgas use only" to my picture. I doubt that will ever happen. LOL
If you take items to a show... someone takes a photo of your item you just let someone have a picture. You post a photo on this site... whats the differace?

Why do we care and argue about stuff like this?

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#8349 Tue Jan 17 2006 09:04 PM
Online Cool
Let's not go crazy on this copyright issue again. Don is right in asking anyone with a problem with their image being used on his site to let him know privately. I'm certain he will cooperate with their concerns.

Our copyright system is much more complicated than has been stated on this forum in the past. Most problems are resolved by negotiation and lawsuits. There are no absolute detailed rules as to what is or is not a problem in every case. It is usually better to avoid problems than to pay huge attorney fees.

The other locked topic about copyrights was really about a broken relationship. Broken relationships should be worked out between the parties involved, not aired out in a public forum.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved