Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
HA-HA, MICK...PAYBACKS ARE A B****! LOL!

~DOC
YOUR BOTW HOST!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That Dupont can dates probably from late 20's early 30's.

I was just reading an article about Pierre dupont and the Dupont company was big into building boat engines during that time period. So this would be a natural fit. They actually built a number of marine engines during WWI

They even biult a small number of high end autos back then as well.

Looking at the lettering and graphics, I would say early 30's.

Just my two sense..............

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Here are a few of my lastest buys
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf04b3127cceb1078b13ac1700000026108AbuWTho3ZNL[/img]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf04b3127cceb10673bc0db800000026108AbuWTho3ZNL[/img] [img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf04b3127cceb10654d2cc6d00000026108AbuWTho3ZNL[/img] [img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf04b3127cceb1078b1dac1900000026108AbuWTho3ZNL[/img]
Ric

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are some of my recent finds/buys/trades.

found this in an out of the way antique shop in Lake Charles,Louisiana...cheap!!

This showed up at my door 60 inch double sided Lion....traded for it..

got a great deal on this one....I had a extra hose and the correct brass nozzle already for it.

------------------
Paddy
WTB Billups, Ride with Rose, Spar, Canal, Gulf Coast, and Galtex gas and Oil related items.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great Stuff Paddy and Rick!

Scott Wright
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Not much for the collection, won this on eBay.
Mick

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Tokheim sign came from a small junk shop, the lady thought it was a Repro because of the condition, I did not have the heart to tell her she was wrong. It is Porcelain 1 sided 13" x 19-1/2" . The Dupont sign is Painted steel, 36" x 28", 2 sided, other side is even more faded but I bought it to copy the design for my Heating Co. sign

------------------
Visit Mass Gas Bash, Early September

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
some more stuff.
Got these at the Bonnie and Clyde trade days in Arcadia, Louisiana (town where Bonnie and Clyde were mowed down)
Sunbeam push door plate/sign with two door pulls. This will look good on the screen door of our outdoor kitchen. The kitchen is decorated with contry store signs/ advertisment..

This thing has sharpen alot of pocket knives in it's day sitting on the counter of some old hardware store....bought a new stone to replace the old one in it...going to the outdoor kitchen as well...

------------------
Paddy
WTB Billups, Ride with Rose, Spar, Canal, Gulf Coast, and Galtex gas and Oil related items.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Got the truck on ebay....fantastic condition!! and a map with the rare aviation logo.....I have only seen two of these maps and now I own both of them....found at a real "junky" antique store.

As anyone knows that live on a lake...it is a critter magnet..got this on sunday morning....
he has been getting into a few things around here...he is gone to live another day...but this time not around my place.

------------------
Paddy

[This message has been edited by texaspelican (edited 12-04-2007).]

Paddy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bought these lenses from Lance when he was still in the biz of making lenses. They were an offer to oldgas members a while back. Well I just got around to powdercoating the body for it last week.
Chance to show my powdercoating skills off.
Silver vein powder and a coat of clear powder over that. Tell me what you think.

and of course the Bowser.

thats all.

------------------
Paddy

Paddy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SWEEEEEET SHELL GLOBE.

NICE JOB ON THAT POWDER COAT. LOOKS FANTASIC.

I REALLY LOVED THOSE LENSES WHEN THEY WERE OFFERED BUT COULD NOT AFFORD THEM THEN.

LANCE DID A AWESOME JOB CREATING THOSE LENSES.

VERY COOL.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Paddy, never seen that Billups truck before, who is the maker? It is really cool as is the Shell globe. Now, about that map. Do you think or know of any pump plates or globes that say "Aviation" on them? Do you think they may exist? Just curious on your thoughts.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
been awhil e but got this

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B

i can add it to the wall im still looking for more thanks rick

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Roger....yes to your question! I have been told there was a Aviation globe just like on the map....ULTRA rare!....longtime Billups employee that was in the know, told me so! Not many were made..very few..Most of them were never issued and were in the Billups warehouse at their base 9eastern division)in Hammond,Louisiana. Produce in the 40's. he saw them sitting in their boxes on the shelf in the late 50's...By 1961 it all belonged to Signal oil. Hess oil bought out Billups eastern division by 1964..Most all signs and globes belive it or not were destroyed! He told me that he remembered they were throwing all the globes into metal drums!!
The Billups family still own the copyrights to All BILLUPS logos to this day!!!
I was happy to get the truck....here is the other one that I own....a big upgrade!

------------------
Paddy

Paddy
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved