Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
Do not bid on this item it's a frud!
kathyy53001-----Item # 280129551068
Westland "gas" Service porcelain neon-RARE
This person has stolen the words & pictures of this sign from the owner who has sold it to a private collector & it is not 4 sale!
BEWARE!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Kristi.........thanks for the heads up however you probably don't have to worry about anybody here buying it.....Have you reported this to ebay? if so it will probably be removed.......roadrelics

I
OP Offline
I
Hi,
I called Eric to see but he couldn't find his old number for that item. I only posted it here in case someone puts a (research)search on the sign it will lead them here. I hate when the good have to prove the bad wrong!

"Dare To Do What Others Only Dream Of" H Weir Cook WWI

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I sent ebay an email. I remember this sign on ebay before, and the seller was not kathy53001.
This is a classic example of a fraud auction... 3 day auction on a very rare sign, private bidder ID's, no activity by the seller in a long time.

T
T
I am curious, sort of thinking out loud I suppose, what if a person made an id just for the purpose of "busting" these bad auctions.

For example, on this sign which is a known bad auction, you make a new id for ebay with another email, and bid it to a ridiculous price that the other innocent bidders wouldn't try to beat. (1 million dollars perhaps?) It would seem unlikely that the seller would try to collect since they don't have the item.
Maybe a few people could do this together to help beat them at their own game? I realize that ebay wants to police it's own auctions, but all these punks do is create a new id and wait till the next time they are caught. I wonder how many times they actually get away with it and someone loses alot of money?
Anyhow, I was just thinking out loud, I just hate to see people get away with stuff like this.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
No action as of yet from ebay...it's at $30,100. It will be interesting to see if ebay removes it, there is less than 24 hours.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
yes these Westland signs are real, however the neon "GAS" may have been added at a later date..... good luck finding one & if you do the cost is usually astronomical......
turnipkiller2........you can have as many ebay names as you wish...... what you have proposed is strongly against ebay rules & that name probably would not last long before ebay suspended you....Even if you are trying to save somebody from getting ripped off $34,000, ebay says leave the policing to them, however they do a terrible job of policing these rip-offs .....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
guess i missed that one!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
$37,100 with 2 hours left...ebay still has not removed it. Maybe they're bidding to try and catch them.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The neon "GAS" is origianl to these signs in fact it should have an on/off flasher(timer) with it as that is the way I found one...it was complete and still on the original pole...was bought at an auction when the Westland station closed and moved to a farm where i purchased it...the sign on ebay might have been Dave Webb's at one time as I gave the original neon "GAS" letter pattern to him so he could duplicate the letters for his sign....mm

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
thanks for clearing that up MM......thats a great sign & i'll bet you wished you still had it...Or do you still have the other side ? $37,000 is a lot of dough

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
yes i kept the best half which is minty but do wish i hadn't split it up...but thats the way she goes...used the money to buy...oh well thats another story...later mm

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I got a email from the seller today. Offered the sign for $25,000. Said the high bidder wanted to pay (the bid price of $37,100) half now and half in 30 days. I told her I wasn't interested. These people must have thought my mother dropped me, on my head, when I was a baby!! LOL.

Butch

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved