Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9892 Sun Mar 30 2003 07:07 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Hello, I am new to this board, I have been reading but have never posted. I have some questions about the Eco Tireflater. I just bought my first one to restore. I don't know too much about them, so please bear with me.
What is the difference between the models 96,97, and 98? My meter has a pedestal, it is cast aluminum, I have been told original Eco is cast iron, but this one looks correct, it has the door on the base and it has notches on the bottom. Which is right, did Eco make both. This meter has been remanufactured at some point in time and the face has been replaced with a painted aluminum one with the name of the repair shop on it. I would like to replace it with a porcelain one, are the repros porcelain or aluminum? I also need a light kit, not just a socket but the whole assembly, are these available in repro? Well I guess thats enough for now. Thanks, John.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#9893 Sun Mar 30 2003 09:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi John - i dont know anything about air meters except they look cool. maybe some of the other members have some insight that might help. good luck
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#9894 Sun Mar 30 2003 10:54 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
All the ECO's use the same head. The 93 has a housing below with a hose on a reel. The 97 is a wall mount and the 98 is pedestal mount.
Both pedestals are correct, the early ECOs had steel pedestals and in a cost cutting effort around 1972 the Bennett Pump Co. switched to aluminum for many of the ECO parts.
If you would like to know more about air meters you should go to my website: www.crspub.com
I have any part you will need for the ECO and they are shown on the website. Some of the prices have changed so please check with me about the current price.
Incidentally I wrote a book on air meters about 6 years ago, copies are still available from me.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#9895 Mon Mar 31 2003 05:22 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks Jack, you cleared up a few things for me. I will check out your website, I will be needing parts.

#9896 Wed Apr 02 2003 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I make porcelain faces for two wheel or three units. I also make an internal light kit. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Ron Scobie http://www.gaspump.com

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
#9897 Wed Apr 02 2003 08:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JACK,, THANKS FOR POSTING!!! I DID NOT KNOW YOU DID A BOOK ON AIR METERS.. CAN I BUY ONE?? LET ME KNOW... FRANK..

#9898 Thu Apr 03 2003 08:54 AM
S
S
John,

I recently made my own light kit from parts I bought at lowes. I have less than $5.00 in the socket, 10 watt bulb, wiring, connectors, and heat shrink. I had to modify the light socket to use the existing mounting holes above the meter. It works great and after the front and back covers are on, no one will ever know. Let me know if you need any more help with this.

#9899 Thu Apr 03 2003 08:30 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks to everyone for the help. I will be probably asking more questions as I go. I will be going to the first auto flea market of the season, here in the north east, this Sunday. I will be on the look out for more collectables.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved