Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
5 quart Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
1-Many sellers - me included- were a little unhappy losing the ability to leave a negative feedback for buyers-We stopped looking at buyers feedback as it appeared to be meaningless -WRONG IDEA- many sellers are leaving Positive feedback with Negative comments - No Pay- No reply to emails etc- READ the comments on your bidders- if you dont like what you see cancel their bids and add their name to your blocked bidder list-this will help get rid of them
2-Many sellers of items of "Dubious origin" refuse to take pay pal- they are not stupid- they know that one choice of recourse is blocked- New upcoming rules that they must take pay pal- or some other form of electronic payment will slow them down a bit
3. if you are having trouble with bidder or seller and get a bum phone # when you use your Member contact info- try whitepages.com You will often come up with correct Phone #
Just my thoughts - comments appreciated
Please dont turn this in to a bash ebay post-It is to everyones advantage to share thoughts as to how to make it better for everyone Thanks Don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well said Don, Some love ebay some hate it, But there is no one that does not moniter ebay to see what's showing up. Some changes stink, but it is still the #1 place where you can get the best price for an item. Rick

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
GREAT IDEAS DON,,,, THANKS,,,, Positive thinking is always better than negative..

Wes.......
R
R
For all of you PalPal lovers. If you have a problem seller, and the sellers funds are placed in hold, it is not over. As soon as the seller reports back to paypal that the item you returned back is not the same, or damaged, you are really screwed. This is where paypal works more for the seller than the buyer. The seller gets his/her funds back, and now you have to fight to get the item back from the seller.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree wtih Rick. I have been on ebay for 11 years. Have read too many horror stories about Paypal. Frozen accounts, charge backs, getting the wrong item returned. I am sure there are sellers (we have identified some here on Oldgas) that rip off buyers. Not having payment options puts the buyer at risk. Ebay is favoring the buyer, not the seller. I would still like to see Oldgas develop an auction site here and collect revenues like ebay and do some advertising and this palce would become the best site for oiland gas collectors. Just my two-cents.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved