Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#127779 Thu Jan 15 2009 11:15 AM
V
OP Offline
V
I need a couple pics of how the inside of a tok 39 short pump door locks. Mine has a piece that is sort of shaped like an "L" at the base of the pump on either door side...but I think something is missing, as the doors do not stay shut.

I'm also looking for the hinge for one of the doors. This piece is attached to the inner door...maybe tack welded on and then the hinge from the frame connects to it.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

This is a picture of my 39 tall i also have a 39 short and they both have the same latch assembly. They also made two different style of hinges for these pumps. They will both work, my 39 short has both style of hinges. Hope this helps

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
V
OP Offline
V
could I get a close up of the base where the latch is and one closer pic up on the frame where it locks...the whole pics is good reference for me though...thanks.
Is there anything inside the door that it is supposed to latch to, to keep it locked? my door skins only have the hinges on them.

Last edited by vintage_car; Thu Jan 15 2009 03:22 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

hope this helps

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
V
OP Offline
V
those are perfect! Is there something on the inner part of the door that those lower tabs lock into?

V
OP Offline
V
This is the piece I'm looking for that is missing off the other door

Last edited by vintage_car; Thu Jan 15 2009 06:22 PM.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Here are a couple of pictures of another type of latch assembly that is on a 39 short.

You have to adjust the catch on the assembly to the door. On the last picture on the bottom bar to will see two pieces of metal sticking up. The one on the outside should slide into a slot on the bottom of your door, this will keep the lower part of your door in place. As you pull up on the lever the middle piece of steal will lift the door and it should slide into the stainless steel trim on the top of the pump. To adjust the catch you can see a piece on the base with a slot in it and a bolt. Unloosen the bolt and you can move this part of the assembly, so it will allign with the door. The hinge part you are looking for is spot welded to the door, I don't know of anyone at this time repoping it. Hope this helps. Richard

Last edited by gatorgaspumps; Thu Jan 15 2009 06:31 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
[color:#FF0000][/color]Glad i could help if you need more pictures let me know

Shawn Morris
V
OP Offline
V
thanks or the pics and explaination...

as for the hinge part...I'm hoping someone has a trash door that they could cut that hinge off of...might be asking a lot for someone to cut on a door...so it might be that I look for whole door instead of a hinge. Don;t know if I could fab one up...

T
T
I have an extra door hinge for the 39 short. Do you need the right or left? I dont think it matters. It came off an old trashed door I had. Let me know if you can use it. Tom

V
OP Offline
V
tom I have one coming...but if it isn;t correct I'll hit you up. thanks- matt

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved