Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#136837 Thu Apr 02 2009 07:35 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Went to post on ebay today, and this is NEW: They require you to take paypal and then tell you this:

====================

Some payments may be held in your account to ensure smooth transactions. PayPal will release the hold after 21 days without a buyer dispute, claim, chargeback or other action. The hold may be released earlier if either of the following occurs:
Buyer leaves positive Feedback.
3 days after PayPal confirms item delivery.

==============
So again, the buyer has you in a trap and what do you want to bet they will not pay you interest while THEY are holding your money?

Now I remember why I stopped selling on ebay...

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
cry cry cry

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Travis,
maybe they still remember you from the last account you had. Didn't you tell us you canceled your account Before they charged you for selling !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Travis, maybe if so many sellers hadn't stolen money from buyers, this wouldn't have happened? I know it has happened 3 times to me where I paid my money, the seller took the money out of their account and never sent the items. I didn't get my money back and 2 of the sellers just started new selling accounts, so nothing was done to them. Now a seller(and yes I am one) might be held accountable for a short period of time. But that's just my opinion for what's it worth. Also it doesn't say all monies will be held, in fact, it doesn't any will be held. Your quote says "some maybe held". Aren't you complaining about something that may never happen? I can see raising hell if it did happen, but..... You don't drive anywhere because someone might hit you? You don't buy food from a grocery store because someone might have tampered with it? You don't read the paper or watch the news or listen to the radio because someone might offend you? I would so no to all of those, yet you complain about something that hasn't happened because you have a grudge against ebay. And the way you told the story here, Dick was right, Ebay should be the one "gunning" for you. They didn't cheat you, they charged you the same as everyone else, you cheated them by "sticking them" with the fees you never paid. Maybe they want to ensure that doesn't happen again. Just a thought.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
what, 21 days!!?? that's just plain crazy and entirely counter to how eBay purports to work. Seller receives payment, confirmed, and sends the item. Are they intending for the seller to wait out the 21 days to confirm his receipt of payment before sending the item to the buyer??

jake@aaroads.com

any questions about road signs - authenticity, value, etc - ask away!

the AARoads shield gallery - over 10,000 historic highway marker photos

San Diego, CA - US 80, 101, 395
R
R
NO, NO, NO>>>>>>>>>>>>
You have done something to get this message. Sellers following the rules get payment same day. Now for the rest of the story please!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I consistently sell on ebay, I have never had money held, like it says,"some maybe held" it just covers them and the buyer in cases of a suspicious transaction.
IF you are an Honest seller, pack well, ship well, and treat the buyer how you want to be treated, There is NOTHING to worry about

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i sold a clock to a guy in japan a month ago....and i got paypal money same day transaction was made????

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
You know, this is on my wife’s account Dick, I did cancel mine.

I posted the item on buy it now, and it was electronics - so maybe that is why? The message above is a cut and paste so it is exactly what I got – even on site and on turbolister.

Here is the item:

That was a FORM message - not anything special “just for me” - so I am guessing it is either because of my NO RETURN policy or the fact that it was electronic? But the buyer paid today and the money is NOT held?!? So I am guessing this is something they are gearing up to start doing!

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you have a new account with ebay and (or) an account that does not have the required amount of POSITIVE SELLING feedback (I don't remember what amount that is) over the last 12 months they will hold payment for 21 days or until the buyer leaves positive feedback. This was one of their changes a while back. If you sell consistantly and are in good standing with Ebay you will be paid when the buyer pays.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Travis: Ebay started this practice some time ago. The only "glitch" a seller can run into is if the buyer claims the item isn't as listed, or claims broken, etc...Paypal, can and has done, reversed the charge and the buyer has the item and his money back. But, looking at the responses above no one here has had that problem. I, personally, would still be a little skeptical of selling a high end item on ebay. however, I can see this from the buyer's perspective as i had a seller not send me anitem until the local county attorney and police detective were brought in.....

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Paypal WILL NOT refund the money to the buyer until he ships the item back to you, and it is confirmed by Paypal via tracking #'s that you recieved it AND it is in the same condition as sent.
I just went thru this on a $10.00 item, the guy sent it back from CA at a cost to him of $9.80, I thought it was odd until I opened the package to find different and broken items, He kept the good stuff. I called the Paypal phone # and they put the $10.00 they were "holding" back in my account and put a mark on his account that he pulled the scam.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I just talked to the owner of I-Sold it here in town and they just had a guy buy an 800.00 double stamp 50 cent coin that belonged to the State Treasures office. The buyer sent the coin back and filed a claim for his money with paypal claiming the coin was not as listed.

Only problem:
The coin he sent back to I-Sold it was just a normal everyday 50 cent piece of the same year of the double stamp he kept.

His scam WORKED and the owner of I-Sold it is out the 800.00 and the expenses. The owner of the store even said the police called in said it was an clear scam. But they can not do anything about it. He still has to pay the State Treasures office for the coin they got scammed out of.

Whatever right?

As for my money “on hold” not so, I just spent it tonight paying the ebay fees, and shipping the items – with tracking of course. Now that I read the statement again I see “Some payments may be held” """SOME""" = many thanks to Dick B. for pointing that out via email to me.

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
It all has to do with having a new account. When I sold Vic's to Don & Lynn, my ebay account, store & handle went to them. When I registered okautomobilia as a new account & handle, the first 10 or so transactions I did, paypal held the funds basically in "escrow" to ensure that I was doing biz above the board. If the buyer left my + feedback, then whamy, the money was released. If the buyer left nothing, after 21 days, I got the money. On or about, my 10th transaction, they stopped doing this.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved