Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#144896 Thu Jul 09 2009 09:49 AM
C
OP Offline
C
What color should a 1920s pump be for cities service? My original globe is white with black letters. Thanks, Jimmy

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...I believe the Cities Service Once-Always pump (clockface or visible) would be white with black trim...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
When any oil company went to a pump company and placed a large order for a certain pump, the first words out of the pump company mouths was "How do you want them painted."

The oil company would then send the specification for painting to the pump company.

The pump company engineers would then draw a blueprint of how the pump was to be painted and how the decals were to be placed. The specs would basically be the same regardless of the pump company.

Years ago I got over 500 blueprints from the Bennett pump company. The three I am showing here are from 1930 and 1931 and show both visible and clock face pumps.

I will soon be putting around 170 of the best blueprints on a CD and will make them available in the FOR SALE section of this site.

For your information, many times these specs. would be different for different parts of the country, meaning the ones shown may not be for the whole country. Usually this is specified at the bottom of the blueprint.

To see the blueprints: www.petrolianacollectibles.com/color

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Thu Jul 09 2009 04:38 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...sounds good Jack!

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Jack
What a neat treasure you have in the blueprints! very cool

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks Jack, just what I was looking for and a little more. I have only been registered a few days now. Sure am glad a joined this forum. Thanks to all of you for your replies. Jimmy

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELCOME TO OLDGAS
WE like before & after pictures & it's a good reference to take pictures as you disassemble the pump for later use.
db

Online Cool
Welcome to Oldgas.com Shop Talk, "Cities Service"

Jack, that is a great idea for the CD. It will be an outstanding resource. The color scheme blueprints are wonderful!

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jack--Did you ever get your blueprints CD finished?? Its something I'm kinda looking foreward to!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I'm still scanning pictures, trying to figure out how to put them on CD/DVD/ or in a pdf file.
To be honest, I want to sell the CD/DVD where it cannot be copied, I don't know if this can even be done.
If anyone has any advice as to this, please email me (jhsim@swbell.net).

Also working on the ECO Service Manual rewrite with the same idea.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sat Sep 19 2009 12:36 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved