Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
THIS REPLY HAS BEEN MOVED TO THIS FORUM IN ORDER TO INFORM MORE OLDGAS MEMBERS WHO MIGHT BE THINKING OF HAVING AN AUCTION.
gulfiend! AUMANN does a lot of strange things I know first hand unfortunately, if you elect to use them to auction off your stuff you will find out.The ad gulfiend! is refering to in PCM is a good example.I told Dan Matthews I wanted there best.......I saw our auction ad in PCM it was a black and white small ad......When I complained to DM he said "we don't run full page ads in PCM because all the collectors already know about your auction" I though WOW another AUMANN screw up.....I see there ad in PCM is a full page now???? OH' BTW my ad did not even get in the CTO magazine and thats after I TOLD THEM SEVERAL TIMES TO CHECK IT.
They AUMANN lied to me,Kurt Aumann yelled at me days before the auction "asked me who I though I was" man' talk about a ego.I lost $$$$$ because of their poor job.
Now I here sum guys that were my friends think less of me because I am expressing my opinon about AUMANN that being the case you were never my friends in the first place.
I support my friends.
REX TELLS THE TRUTH

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That really sucks man! "Now I here sum guys that were my friends think less of me because I am expressing my opinon" I know the feeling!

Thanks for the info... I have to ask who would you use to auction your stuff again if you could do over?

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good grief Rex, give it a rest. I visit other sites where bashing of business's or individual's will not be tolorated and the post deleted. I think this site should look into this also.
Russ

WTB. Arizona quarts,Indian signs/cans, Musgo/Shell/Speedway 79,graphic signs/cans,#616-886-4917...
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
contrary to what you said russ, i think rex's comments of what he went through at his auction makes a good read. i for one like the education. i don't think i would have liked to have been treated as rex was. i am sure if all had gone well... well... rex would have posted as such. for you to loose money as he did probably would not sit well. anyway.... thanks rex.

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I have to agree with Rex. If I spent many years amassing some of the great pieces that I had, I would to be mad if it did not go as I asked. I would expect to be treated with dignity and respect and have me the customers needs fulfilled. Russ, why delete the post, do you not know the "freedom of speech" ammendment. How would you feel if you were in the same boat. I think the world of Rex and Nita and respect Rex's thoughts, comments and opinions. Rex feel free to voice your feelings as well anyone should.

Phil likes REX and the way he tells it!!!

Thanks, Phil
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
im with you rex they sucked //////////////

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I've never met Rex but I have alot of respect for him as an elder statesman in this hobby. Keep telling it like it is Rex...

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
I respect Rex. I consider him a personal friend and a friend of the petro collecting community. Rex, I am sorry it has come to this.

Mistakes were no doubt made and things did not go according Rex's expectations in his auction in January. He has voiced his story on this forum many times since the auction. I have invited Aumann Auctions to respond on Shop Talk, but they have declined.

It has been a long standing operational policy that members who have a conflict with an individual or business should work out that difference between them instead of resorting to bashing on Shop Talk. The moderators have allowed unresolved differences to be posted on a limited case-by-case basis. Most of us can remember certain members who have gone over the line on Shop Talk in their conflict with others in the past.

We know that we can not please everyone. We strive to be fair and avoid double standards. In that light, I have to say that the moderators should not allow a member who is our friend do do something that the average member would not be allowed to do. We have in the past locked and/or edited topics that have gone to the edge of acceptability according to the Members Agreement. You may view the guidelines in the agreement by clicking on "Register" on the upper right of most Shop Talk pages.

Rex has made his points repeatedly over the past 4 months. None of his comments have been edited or deleted. But we have reached the edge of acceptability I mentioned. Messages about this same conflict will no longer be acceptable to the moderators. This is not an action taken lightly. Decisions such as this are made with a heavy heart and are seldom explained publicly like this.

Rex, I hope that someday you will understand that we are just trying to keep this online community an enjoyable place to spend leisure time. We allow some unpleasant topics to a point as a service to the community, as the world does have its unpleasant side.

Phil, the Bill of Rights does assure freedom of speech. It does not assure anyone the right to have a newspaper or television station publish or broadcast their opinions. It is the same for a Web site to determine for itself the content that it allows to be published. A friend who moderates a much larger online forum told me that they would have never allowed this particular situation to go this far.

In the past six months, Aumann Auctions has sponsored this forum with the placement of three banner ads. At no time has Aumann Auctions pressured me or threatened to pull the ads because of negative opinions posted on Shop Talk. Last year, it was Rex Benson who encouraged Aumann to advertise on Oldgas.com.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved