Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#149068 Wed Aug 19 2009 12:31 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Well here goes--- I am 75 and need to get rid of some of my stuff. But I am kinda lost at what it's worth,haven't been to any shows for 4-5 years.I am not quiting the hobby but just some stuff. I will probably show 15-20 items, and any help would be apreciated----THANKS to all~~~~~~~> DICK
This is a 30" reproduction "table top" , it has a 1" lip around the outside. It was made about 10 years ago,Only a few were made.I also have a RED CROWN,They are Porcelain

The top is out of it--

The rust will come off of it, But the 4 holes in the sign for a table top will stay. I forgot to measure it 48" ???

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...not sure on the other stuff, but I would think you'd get more for the Sinclair sign by selling the sign separately from the frame...the frames usually bring at least $150 in good shape...that sign's kinda beat...but you could probably squeeze $150-200 out of it to an 'entry-level' collector who doesn't need a $2000 one in mint condition...just my opinion...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'd spend a little time on the SINCLAIR sign clean it up some before offering For Sale. I'm sure it'd be worth your time, $$$. Bar Keepers Friend or fine rubbing compound.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Whoa Whoa Whoa~
I don't think I would mess with the sinclair sign. The patena matchs the wear of the sign perfectly. If you remove the patena you got a clean lookin worn out sign with extra holes. Cleaning it would be like tearing pages out of the story the sign had to tell. I would be interested in it as is, with the ring intact,Dick.
Just my opinion.

D
OP Offline
D
Island pole and light: What is each worth ?

Cans--> SINCLAIR & PHILLIPS 66

3 JOHNSON : EACH

Last edited by DICK MILLS; Tue Aug 25 2009 05:05 PM.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hey Dick how have you and your wife been? This is Lyle. You have let me put a pump in your booth at michigan gas a few times over the years. I sold the bottom half of a light pole very similar to yours on e-bay last year for 225.00. I have been watching lamp shades for a while too and they are all over the map on e-bay. The shades with the spot lights seem to bring more money than those with out but they seem to average around 175.00. Some, more than that. I hope this helps. Do you still have a pair of dogs to keep you guys company?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
dick , check your personal messages.....

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved