Print Thread
#13819 Thu Sep 16 2004 04:20 PM
T
T-BONE Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
SORRY JIM,, I LOST MY COMPUTER AGAIN,, COULD YOU SEND ME THE LINK SO I CAN POST PICTURES AGAIN?? THANK YOU.. ALSO,, I KNOW IT IS HARD TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST PICTURES,, MAYBE YOU SHOULD GIVE ALL THE NEW FOLKS A LESSON ON THIS POST.. PLUS TELL THEM WHAT A URL IS.. THAT IS WHAT I WAS HUNG UP ON FOR SO LONG.. THANKS AGAIN. T-BONE..

((((((((( WISHING I WAS IN SEATTLE AT SEA-BASH 04.. ))))))))) GGRRRR!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#13820 Thu Sep 16 2004 05:09 PM
Online Cool
OK, T-bone,
Tie a leash on your computer and it won't wander off and get lost.

First, users should check out our Shop Talk "Help!" page linked at the bottom left of most Shop Talk pages. Or, click here: http://www.oldgas.com/shoptalk/ubb/help.html

An URL is the Internet address like the above that starts with http:// and ends with the file name. If the image has been uploaded to a server, then it will have an URL like: http://www.oldgas.com/shoptalk/ubb/pp_shoptalk.gif
Some freebie image hosts don't allow outside sites to display their images, so they may be an exception to that rule. If your image URL includes a question mark or doesn't have jpg or gif at the end of the URL, it may not work.

Many users have "home page" space on their Internet provider's server as part of their monthly fee they already pay. AOL is an excellent example. Once you figure out how, (guys here can help you) AOL users can upload hundreds, even thousands of medium size images to their home page space.

For Shop Talk members who have no server space for uploads, I can provide that space for free, but only for items that are not for sale, trade or auction. Those instances are $4 each. Contact me about setting up an account for you to upload petroliana images to our server.

Once the image is uploaded, view the image with your browser by putting that URL address in your browser's location box at the top of your screen and click enter. You should then see the image. Highlight the URL in the location box and click "Copy" under the "Edit" menu at the top of your screen. Go to your intended Shop Talk message submission form and type in [img] then paste in your URL by clicking \\"Paste\\" under the \\"Edit\\" menu while your mouse cursor is right after the [img] and then put a closing image code tag right after the url [/img]. It must have no blank spaces beween the image tags.

If you previously did view the image at that URL, then the image will appear when you post the message.

Read the Help! page first, then ask me for help if you are still having any problems.
shoptalk@oldgas.com

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#13821 Thu Sep 16 2004 05:24 PM
T
T-BONE Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
GREAT POST JIM,, VERY HELPFUL FOR THOSE WANTING TO POST.. IT TOOK O'L DWAINE BUCK AN HOUR ON THE PHONE TRYING TO EXPLAINE IT TO ME.. THANKS DWAINE FER' THE HELP.. THANKS JIM FOR A GREAT GAS WEB SITE.. GET-R-DONE-!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved