Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hey Guys & Gals,

It's time to share the petro relics that we've stumbled across in our recent travels, and check out what other people have found as well.

If you would like to contribute to this feature, simply post the pictures here or email them directly to me and I will post them for you. Be sure to include a story or description with your submissions.

If it's too close to the next installment, please note that I may hold your contribution for posting when the new FATW comes up.
Send 'em in!!

Happy Trails!

Wes

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This very nice canopy station in Jackson, Michigan is now a hair salon. It appears to be in great shape.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here's a fantastic 1920s garage and filling station along the former Pike's Peak Ocean-to-Ocean Highway in eastern Illinois:

Another station down the street:

It's been a busy month, so that's all I have right now. Feel free to add your own finds!

Thanks,
Wes

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Depressing to see so little activity on this thread this month so I got out last weekend with the camera and wound up in the small farm town I grew up in. I'd forgotten about this place as a kid and even as an adult and was blown away to see them still there. I stopped by and the owner (a very nice a cooperative gentleman) was in and even offered to turn them on for me. He even brought one to my attention on the inside that was out of sight. He told me he's used to the attention they draw from time to time and that there is even a lawyer from New York who annually contacts him to see if this will be his lucky year. I was just amazed and I think they will be staying put for some time to come because I think the owner enjoys turning them on! Can't say I blame him.....even in daylight...they were cool!!

In all my excitement I missed the next 2 items until he pointed out one item (the clock) and my wife pointed out the other. The clock is still keeping time just like the day it was first hung up and looks awesome.

This one my wife noticed and I was at a loss for any info on it. I'm not familiar with this air meter unit. I wasn't able to identify any manufacturer so if anyone can shed some light, I'd be interested. The face is covered over with tape and paper and it's art deco in design......beyond that, it's new to me.

........Dave
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very nice, when you can see those dealership sign still in there original state on old building and even better when some ones around to show you around and light em up. Very cool.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WAS SITTING AT A RED LIGHT WHILE MY BUDDY WAS AT THE WHEEL. I'D BE LOOKING TO GET THAT COOPER TIRES SIGN IF I DIDN'T HAVE ONE ALREADY! wink

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
P
P
THERMACTOR--I SENT SEVERAL PICS FOR YOU TO POST IF U CAN.

THANKS,

MIKE

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Romort Arno on the air meter best I remember.Awesome pictures.Thanks

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
From Mike (PONY1966):

----------------

several gas station in my home town of 15000 in oklahoma.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

Thanks Mike!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Former Crown- Central station in Richmond Va. 9 Mile rd and Holly st.

Former Texaco station near the Glouchester Va. courthouse on rt 3
Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
was a texaco at 1 time ,kenosha, wi
this is the office of thje guy who made the funny pegasus lite up i posted a while back.reall nice guy,and he wasnt out to deceive anybody.made those up for some car club.

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Thu Dec 17 2009 01:16 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks guys for your recent posts. Always enjoy this thread and seeing what is still surviving today. It's a big country out there and I'll bet we have a lot more to find and post. BTW, the red/orange cottage is absolutely killer!

........Dave
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Shot with HP pstc3100 at 2009-12-26

This location was branded Texaco in the 1950's and in the 1960's & 70's it was branded Marathon with the pumps in the front only. After that it was an antique shop & now a super nice looking residence. located on US-12, Moscow, Michigan.

Shot with KODAK Z712 IS ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-12-26

Last edited by Dave Rowlison; Sat Dec 26 2009 02:36 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved