Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
CALL ME CRAZY, BUT DID YOU SEE THE WAY THESE GOOF'S LOADED UP THE PUMP IN THERE VAN? I JUST KNEW THAT CYLINDER WOULD CRACK! shocked I THINK THEY SAID HE PAID $600.00 FOR THE PUMP,WOW ,WHAT A FIND,THE 5 GALLON MOBIL CAN LOOKED A BIT ROUGH ,BUT HE PASSED THE OL' PHILLIPS 66 CAN RIGHT UP??? confused THAT HAD TO BE A BETTER EPISODE FOR THEM TWO,MY WIFE AND I CRACKED UP, WHEN THE OL' FELLOW LOOKED AT THEM TWO GETTIN ALL GIDDY BOUT' THERE FIND,"AND SAYS" "YOU TWO AINT MARRIED ARE YA?"LOL I MUST SAY I ENJOYED THE SHOW! laugh

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Is it just me, or did that pump look like a Rapidayton 625 10 gallon pump?

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Well the last couple of episodes have been showing more of the victims/sellers, and the "2-pickers" haven't been shot....yet! They seem to be a little more humble, by saying they know just enough to get into trouble. Wonder where they are auctioning the stuff off at? Do they say it's from the show???

DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
AT FIRST GLANCE I THOUGHT, IT WAS A DAYTON 450 10 GALLON,BUT THEN THE FELLA SAID 15 GALLON,THEY NEVER MENTIONED THE MODEL?IM REALLY NOT SURE!

CHRIS
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
IM SURE THE DO ! AND GET A PREMIUM PRICE,JUST BECAUSE IT WAS PICKED ON A TV SHOW???

CHRIS
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I was looking thru Jack's book trying to find it, not many 15 gal pumps in there, I agree a Rapid-Dayton looked like the closet match.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I didn't see the skins and good luck finding them.

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
I am pretty certain that it was the Dayton 625 10....not 15 gallon. I honestly believe those two idiots wouldn't know a 5 gallon from a ten gallon pump. They also will have a very hard time finding the skins for it unless they have them custom made. They pretty much paid full value for a glass cylinder and a parts pump.

D
D
Hayes 15 gallon. Box shaped skins-It's in Jack's older book.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Skins should not be hard to make, They didn't take a good pic of the glass cylinder, guess the cameraman/woman was short. Do you think they script this out? one week gas pump, next a motorscooter, next week? old jewelery? keep from every week buying old bicycles.....

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
It had a round base......not a square one Dean. It also had the rounded flared notches in the base and the top dome and plate below the cylinder. Definitely a Dayton.

D
D
sorry! I went by the 15 gallon in the book.

DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
"definitely scripted " what they are calling "free-styling" is not true in my opinion! i would say they have somebody either cold calling these folks in rural areas,or they are tipped off by leads, since the show has gained popularity!there are people probably calling them with a list of stuff they might have for sale!the woman who runs their office probably has a list all over the united states of people willing to part with there junk!it kills me the prices they offer on some of there stuff?but again they probably have a list of buyers as well that have no clue how to scout out goods on their own and are willing to pay a ridiculous price?and because they have made a name for themselves and these items are on tv , there are idiots out there who will pay for this kind of ?????tv show item! confused "it must be nice" lol

CHRIS
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
It was a Rapidayton, 15-gallon. I've seen one other one. They have the same skins as the 10-gallon version, which are indented up the sides...they will be IMPOSSIBLE to find or make...someone's just going to have to roll flat skins for it. Too bad, it's such a cool pump.

Last edited by petropumps; Tue Feb 09 2010 11:23 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Defiantly a DAYTON, not sure weather it was a Tall 10 or 15 [they said it was 15]. Either way cylinder in good condition is worth more than $600. It is possible to make skins as Walt Feiger had some DAYTON skins made a few years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved