Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15413 Sun Nov 06 2005 10:30 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hey Everybody,

I was wondering if there was anybody out there that could post a pic of an unrestored double clockface for me. I would like to use the image to put on a business card and put on an embroydered jacket for my wife and myself. Thanks in advance.

Easy G. Butler

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Easy, try this out. There is more than one image here of double clockface pumps. http://www.vintagegas.com/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi?c=show_image;p=Pumps/Clockface%20Pumps;i=28;img=Bowser%20Twin%20Ken%20Burge%20collection.jpg
Great idea!
Don

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Pictures posted on the web are property of the person who took the pictures. Using pictures downloaded (without the permission of the owner) from the web (even eBay) are a violation of copywrite laws. The link shown above has a copywrite symbol at the bottom, so you will need permission to use the picture.
Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification book and soon to be published "Air Meter Identification" book.

[This message has been edited by Jack Sim (edited 11-06-2005).]

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
...er, thanks for that brush up on copyright law Jack, but isn't Don the owner of the site and therefore the owner of the image?

Besides that, who cares? The guy wants an image to put on a jacket or card...jeez.

Don, good to see you posting again!

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hello Again,

Thanks DC and Jack for the info, that is why I would like somebody to send me a pic of their pump or post it here for me. I am not going to go and make a bunch of stuff to make a ton of money, just would like to use it as a personal symbol. Thanks again and am still looking for a pic...even restored would be ok too.

Have a good evening!

Easy G. Butler

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Just talked to Milt Larson about the pictures he has posted in the Showcase Forum of his double Wayne 60 and he does not mind if you use them . go to the Showcase forum and under search put in gasalley it should bring up all his posts and you can look through them for the one you want , have fun, DB.

------------------
Dwaine. pca-west.org
Home of jlgas
Vintage-logos
Logos-Library

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Is Jack Simm an undercover detective or what?What the heck was that all about?The guy simply explained that he wanted a picture for himself,not to make a bunch of money.Jack you said you studied about the old petro businesses in Rolla at UMR,now Im not so sure thats what you studied down here!HA HA Ease up!

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
First of all I didn't know Doc was offering his own website pictures, I thought someone else was putting up the address.
Second, I never attended the University of Missouri at Rolla, my book states that I went down there every Monday for about six months researching their library.
By the way I am a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University where I majored in Business. I also attended Drexel Univ. in Philadelphia, Villenova Univ. in Phila. and Penn State Univ.
People sometimes call me an author (I prefer historian) but the proof of my not being an author is the fact I never got more than a D in College English.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Uh-Oh....here we go again. The old copyright issue. Don't land on Jack. He is trying to keep us out of trouble. He is right. 1.You cannot use an image without the owner's permission. 2.Just because you have an image/picture, doesn't mean you have the right to use it. Even if you aren't making any money. Profit has nothing to do with copyright. It is easy to say lighten up, were just having fun. I can appreciate that. But, you are dealing with something called "intellectual property." And it is the same as the "property" you own that yor houe is sitting on. I can't come use your property as I want. Conversely you can't use someone's intellectual property the way you want.. Now, there are some arguements about what is public property and images you canuse. I won't get into that. But, I was reminded of intellectual property again the other day when I went to a print shop to have business cards made for the gas hobby, I was going to use the old Texaco logo. Print shop asked for written permission from Texaco/Chevron. Oops. If you read this far....you need a hobby (ha-ha) Enjoy

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Easy:

Short and easy to understand . . .

If you take an image and use it to create new 'art' for printing or embrodiery (not just reproduce the photograph) - there is no 'copyright' infringment. If you take someone's actual photograph without permission and reproduce it - that's Copyright Infringment.

Or if you take someone else's Copyrighted artwork and use it to produce an item - that's Copyright Infringment.

And no one but the actual owner of the 'art' or 'photograph' can give permission to use the image as it is.

Drop me a note if you need more information. I have worked with Copyrighted images and artwork for over 25 years.

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
www.T-waysGraphics.com

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hello again Everybody,

Thanks for the help and advice from all of you. I greatly appreciate it. I learned all about copyright issues starting in High School and continuing for 5 years later at the college and university level (Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College and University of Tennessee @ Knoxville). I also try to treat people with the same respect that I would like to be treated, and that involves asking permission to use something that is not mine. Again, Thanks again for the help and advice that everyone has given. Has been a big help.

Have a great day and happy pump hunting!

Easy

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hello once again,

Sorry I had to edit this post...I asked a stupid question and had to get rid of it. That is what happens when you work all night long, get 5 hours of sleep and get on the net when half in a daze.

Thanks Don for letting me use your pics, I greatly appreciate it!!

Easy

[This message has been edited by TN Volunteer (edited 11-07-2005).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DOES THAT INCLUDE THE PICTURE OF THE PDQ GLOBE I POSTED ON HERE THAT WAS REPO'D AFTERWARDS ?

HOW ABOUT THE MOTOPOWER SIGN I POSTED THAT IS ON A LIST AS A FUTURE GLOBE ?
db

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I sure hope this thread doesnt get ugly. Easy just wanted to make some cards and a jacket. Hearts and flowers people

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Hey Jack I know your intelligent and I appreciate all you have done for the hobby.You deserve a standing ovation for sure for all you have done for us.I know you went down here every week to study and not to attend college,I read it in your post distpatch article.Just ease up a little on old Butler,was just a simple question.I met you down at riverport swap meet last year when you were trying to buy an air meter from a guy. HA HA Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved