Next Thread
Print Thread
#193799 Fri Jul 09 2010 07:51 AM
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Anyone have any pics of a Hi Power pump they've done (or otherwise)? I can't find the image standards in the books. I'm assuming it would be the orange/yellow of the globe.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Chris, here is one Hubba did a few years ago, I think he nailed it for color.........

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H Earl clack pumps were kind of a dark mustard color. The three or four originals I have seen (original paint) were straight yellow and had no trim colors. That doesn't mean they couldn't have had them. the ones I saw were hand painted. Clack often bought used equipment for stations. One of the visiblse i saw was hand painted and had the price sign on it that was embossed Texaco and you could see the red paint underneath the pump. But, i think you can do it as you wish. Good luck.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Alex #193860 Fri Jul 09 2010 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Unless it was a contract/lease station for a major oil company, most pumps @ stations were hand painted w/ a brush when needed or re-branded.
It's your pump, do it as you like.

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Chris.... Hubba had his pump powder coated and that was as close as they could get to the correct color.
He used Pogo's lenses and my decals. I think T-Way still has some of the lenses for sale.

I have a Gilbarco 96 that was originally a HI-POWER pump and I had it redone the same way.
Alex is right they were painted all one color which was Clack Yellow.
I have a can of the original Clack Yellow paint and had the paint matched to what was in the can. It's somewhat brighter than Hubba's.
Here is a link to the pump so you can get an idea what they looked like.

http://www.cheesepitstop.com/viewtopic.php?t=5341&start=240

The ad glass isn't original as I had the art work done from a clack sign that I have.
The original ad glass on the pump was frosted white with white lettering that said "HI POWER".
I could take a picture of the original and send it to you if you would like.

The "pump plate" decal is copied from an original and is more accurate than any others I have seen on the market,
plus it will go with any color of yellow you end up with.

PM me your address and I can send you a pair of each of the decals if you would like and also a sample of the yellow paint.

Hope your Honeymoon is still going strong.... you are one of the lucky ones to find a girl who likes petro.

C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Thanks guys, those are sharp looking pumps. Bob, PM sent.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved