Next Thread
Print Thread
#16710 Mon Apr 25 2005 06:58 PM
K
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
My good friend Robert called last night all upset about the rare globe that he had just received. One lens is a new discovery, not in the globe book. I finally got him calmed down and he related what had happened.
Robert works hard to build his globe collection. He puts in a lot of miles. He was leaving the Indiana Gas show early to get to an auction 4 hours away. He said, as he left, he saw JJ and tried to avoid making eye contact. But JJ stopped and talked to him for a while. Robert had this funny feeling coming over him. He had heard about the jinks. Robert went to the auction and then home. He forgot about his encounter with JJ until yesterday when he received this rare globe with the new discovery lens cracked and the other rare 15" lens, broken and in pieces. The JJ jinx has struck again.
This box of pieces was a 15" ILLICO OILS GREASES from the 1920s.

This cracked lens was on the other side. It is a new discovery.

How long will this jinx last????? Is there a jinx buster out there???
REX

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MAYBE if JARVIS changes his user name it will help !!
Sorry Jarvis, we got to BLAME it on someone !
NOT LOL on this one.
db

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Call in the Exorcist, maybe that'd do it.

Neal

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
That JJ just cracks me up!

Now you know why I don't collect globes, I'd crack under the pressure of worrying about them.

C Cragg
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
JJ,

Please do not come to my house, I only have a few original globes, but I do not want none of them broke. I would suggest that you change your name, grow a beard and shave your head. LOL Maybe then the jinx will go away.

Phil

Thanks, Phil
D
D
I have never met Jarvis, but I did talk with him via e-mail a couple times and on the telephone a couple of weeks ago. do you think Im ok? I am expecting a set of fantasy polly len's from t-way next week. Mike. ps. t-way maybe you should double box them

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MIke:

Dont' worry. I spent a couple of days with JJ and his Wife and son at Peotone and all my globes (both 'real' and reproduction) are fine. It looks like some people are immune.

Oh - and all our lenses are shipped double boxed.

Later . . .

Jim
Always buying KUNZ items.

------------------
www.T-waysGraphics.com

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
T-Way, what's your secret. Crucifix? Garlic around the neck? Holy Hops? Tell us.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim,
Don't be lulled into a false sense of security because the Jarvis Jinx hasn't struck you yet. The jinx can strike at any time so you must be diligent in protecting yourself from it. When you buy a globe, insist that the seller package it properly. Be sure to use globe rings to hold your globes. Most importantly, if you have a globe that the lenses have been caulked in, don't try to pry them loose!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
JJ,You know that I'm one of the people that know you are no longer afflicted by this disease no matter what they say. Why dont you package up a globe and send it to me? I will unwrap it then rewrap it and mail it back to you just so we can prove that you are no longer the problem and instead it must be someone else that caught it from you before.

K
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
BUD.....be carefull here ........Why don't you send JJ one of your globes and let him mail it back?.......I DON"T THNIK SO.
Don't send a good one.LOL
REX LIKES UNBROKEN GLOBES

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
you guys are cutting me deep!!! LOL Rex i am going to have to come visit you again!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved