Next Thread
Print Thread
#17076 Thu Apr 20 2006 03:32 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Seems that there isn't much activity anymore with pre-bidders before any of the Internet auctions, such as Aumann's, etc.

Anybody got any take on this?? People just laying in the weeds and watching?? People don't have the $$ to play anymore like they did a couple years ago??

What do you guys think.......

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#17077 Thu Apr 20 2006 09:19 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
Auctions used to be a fun event that you looked forward to, now there are so many its like watching the soaps.There are 2 auctions at Ohio gas???If I was a seller today I would sell at the gas and oil shows,Feebay and Oldgas a lot more FUN and no huge commission and expenses to pay and no computer shut downs (not our fault).
So my answer is too many auctions causes a lack of interest this cost the sellers BUTT the auction company still makes there commission.
I will never forget when my auction was over I mentioned to Dan Matthews of Aumann auctions I though the profit we made was low
he responded one of the last auction they did the seller lost $30,000.00 like I was lucky or should feel better????
REX LIKES OLDGAS

#17078 Fri Apr 21 2006 06:14 PM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Maybe one reason for lack of activity is that proxibid is non-user friendly, I registered to bid over a week ago, have talked w/ them on the phone twice and still can't place a bid online. I only want to bid on three globes (and two of them are some of the better one's in the sale). I am going to another auction on saturday in Missouri and will not be at home to watch w/proxibid. Aumann and Proxibid are "losing money" at this point w/ me.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

#17079 Fri Apr 21 2006 08:00 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Jim
Call me or email me tonight or in the morning.I am registered for tomorrow's auction and have placed a couple of bids as I will be moving daughter's stuff back from college (Stillwater) saturday. I will share my bidder name and password with you for tomorrow.
Maurice

[This message has been edited by souperhigh (edited 04-21-2006).]

#17080 Sat Apr 22 2006 12:42 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I SIGNED UP YESTERDAY FOR THE ONLINE AUCTION TODAY ON EBAY [ PREMIER AUCTION CENTER],,I TRIED TO PLACE A BID ON A COUPLE OF ITEMS, BUT COULD NEVER GET THE BID COMPLETED,,TRIED SOME MORE TODAY, SAME THING,NO GO.MAYBE THIS COULD BE THE REASON FOR THE LACK OF BIDS, [PLUS THE 15 PERCENT COMM., HANDLING CHARGES,SHIPPING, ECT],,PRETTY DISGUSTING AND A WASTE OF TIME TO ME..

R D

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved