Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I would be interested in the Conoco sign. Dan

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

J
jeakle4 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Guys,

Sorry about the delay. I am going to sell a couple of these items, the Conoco Gasoline sign, the Stone's Regular globe and Mobilgas globe. I will be listing these on ebay this evening, so if you are interested let me know before I list them.

Dennis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...the Conoco sign looks VERY nice, I've never seen one that clean - if the other side is as nice and no restoration work has been done, it might bring $1500-2000+ on eBay...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Shouldn't all of this be in the For Sale forum?

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Doesn't matter now. Auction ended early, bids were cancelled. I wonder what someone got it for?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yep, another one just begging for all the information and values from this site, just to know what to ask elsewhere.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
J
jeakle4 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ladies and Gentleman,
1) It was listed in the "AUCTION" forum, out of courtesy, I wanted to inform this forum what was happening if anyone was watching it.
2) Thank you all for your expert advice. It was not my intention to "use" you, but who else would you ask, but experts in what you are looking at to invest in. I am a novice, but had ideas of value, just wanted to confirm that I was in the right ball park.
3) Yes, I am going to sell some of the items, but that is because I don't have the proper dispay area for them, as for the sign, I don't have a curb display and the sign would look pretty stupid upside down.
4) The reason I ended the auction for the sign is I found a second flaw and wanted to document it properly. I am sorry if this caused any difficulty, but I want to be straight up with any purchaser and not be accused of hiding anything.

Thanks to those who offered their advice to me, I really appreciate it. This site and its members are a great resource for information for us novice collectors.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...I'm sure everyone here that was bidding will be happy to learn that you are relisting the sign, and ended the auction only because you wanted to be 'straight up' with potential bidders about the condition of the sign...hopefully you'll post the auction number for the relisted sign, so that we can bid if interested...

...you'll have to excuse us, as many of us are collectors and are commonly 'burned' by those who ask for information about items we would love to add to our collections, only to have the items made unavailable - either by 'backroom dealings' or auctions that end prematurely, with no explanation or fair opportunity to bid...if you scroll back through the topics on Oldgas, you'll see that quite often auctions have ended because the seller got what they thought was a big offer...

...pretty much everyone on this site follows The Golden Rule in their dealings with fellow collectors and dealers, and are quick to react when they feel slighted...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
J
jeakle4 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Jerry,

Just seeing if you still are interested in the Stone's Regular Gas Globe that I have. I have also contacted another party that was interested as well.

Dennis

J
jeakle4 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Rick,

Just seeing if you still are interested in the Stone's Regular Gas Globe that I have. I have also contacted another party that was interested as well.

Dennis

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved