Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Well, who currently works in the Petroleum Industry? Do you work for a gas station, or an oil company? Maybe a pipeline company?
I work for a company that services modern pumps. I am a Calibrator. How about you?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
H
H
I also work for a company that services pumps and tests tanks and secondary containment sumps, Monitor systems and all that has to do with fueling.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I am currently working for a pipeline construction company

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I work as a welding/quality inspector inspecting everything from downhole tools to Large vessels.

Looking for Canadian Imperial and Canadian North Star.
John Neilsen
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Retired from Frontier refining in Cheyenne WY after 30yrs. service as a machinest. Lifetime member of the OCAW now USW union. Mitch

Last edited by 67Chev4X4; Fri Oct 01 2010 10:10 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Going on 34 years in petroleum industry. The drilling and completion of oil/gas wells, roughneck to consultant.

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It is 42 years for me this month, started in 1968 as driver pulling doubles, coming off the truck in 1989 to dispatch & later become the transportation manager for a multi branded jobber. I am now semi-retired working 2 days a week doing a little paper work & most anything else that needs to be done including shuttling equipment, small deliveries, etc.

Dave

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
In 1980 I started working on Texas Oil drilling rigs. In 1984 I switched to trucking. I've been driving for Marathon Oil for 26 years.
Chuck

Last edited by Gaspedler; Sat Oct 02 2010 01:52 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Stated hauling fuel in i990, Been with the same small trucking co. now going on 21 years. We haul for Shell & Chevron jobber here in New Mexico. Nelson

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Former service station dealer, currently work part time at the only full service station in the area.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This is interesting!!

I work as a lab technician at Valero Refining. It used to be the old Texas City Refinery and was one of the first refineries built on the gulf coast back in the early 1900's. I think at one time in the 70's they had a branded gas and stations called Rebel Gas.
I transferred from the Valero Houston Refinery which was originally commissioned by the government in the late 30's to produce fuel for the onset of war. It later became Signal Oil in the late 60's and in the Crude Unit that I was an operator in, the Signal logo was done in a mosaic on our control room floor. That facility then became Charter Oil which was also a branded gas and had a few stations in our area.
The only other thing to note is that the Refinery I work at in Texas City is down the road from where the Texas City disaster occured when a ship carrying fertilizer exploded in 1947(?)killing 600 people and basically leveling the town. The anchor from the disaster was blown over a mile away and at one time was located in the front of our refinery entrance.

S
S
Retired from Shell Oil Refinery in Deer Park, TX as a Pressure Equipment Inspector. Still do some part-time work in the industry. Met zooman while working across the street from Valero.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Hi
I'm working for a pump and tank co in Md.We do everything that has to do with the equip in a station.Been doing this for 20 yr,s.
Bill

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Zooman , some great history there !I used to live up in North Houston . I owned a Custom Van parts manufacturing company . I sold a lot of stuff that wiorked at you're place of employment too. Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved