Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sinclair is first for me. Basically because of my Great Aunt & Uncle. They gave me a DINO...the kind that you had to blow up...and for a little kid, that took some effort. Poor DINO only made it a few days...I tried riding him like the dime store horse! Anyway, years later I met other
collectors in the Hobby including Scott Benjamin who collects Sinclair. Then about
10 years ago, I got into an old local garage
that was an auto repair/wrecking yard business. The man that owned the garage was
named "Joe" and he was an old Sinclair dealer. Joe passed on in early 1997, and I still miss him to this day. He was full of stories and he was one of what many here would refer to as a true American Hero. Joe worked hard and served his country in WWII. I use the UserName "Sinclair Joe" in his memory. I'm sure if you had all had the chance to have met him, most everyone on this board would have got a big kick out of it...
Other brands I like are Pennzoil, Wolf's Head, And most anything here locally in Werstern Pennsylvania....after all....it's where it "oil" began!

Sinclair Joe
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
That's an awesome story. Its good to see your keeping his name alive. Thanks for sharing.

------------------
~Jason

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Standard Oil Of Kentucky (KYSO)-Lived it!!
Mobil-Living it!
Pure & Atlantic-Worked it.
Now that I live in Kentucky I have become more interested in the local companies:Atena,Ashland,Stoll,Tresler & Tower to name a few.How sweet it is.
Rex

------------------

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I'm retired now but when I was in my 20's
got my daughter a "dino". A year and a half ago she got together with my wife and got
me my first pump.She said dad you got to
do it in SINCLAIR .Well I'm finally putting the finishing touches on it. Got a bunch of other SINCLAIR stuff.This brand will always be my favorite.
---JERRY

------------------

JERRY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sinclair all the way!!!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mobil for me, love the Pegasus and Gargoyle, and second it is Koppartrans, a company you probably never heard of. Those were the gas stations in my neighborhood when I was a kid.
Their decals covered my bike.
Koppartrans bougt an American refinery after WWII and built it in Gothenburg on the Swedish west coast. They sold gas i Sweden for ten years 54-64 and then were bought out by Shell. Look at this logotype!

//Claes

[This message has been edited by fast66 (edited 09-29-2003).]

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Cool logo. Haven't seen it before.

------------------
~Jason

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
I love all the brands, but if one had to be a tomb stone it would have to be a big red crown, well maybe a blue crown ,no wait make it a gold crown , hold it I mean an orange crown , no no I mean a green crown, purple yeah thats it purple yup put a purple on top of me....maybe switch um around a little.. yeah thats it!!!!

Chris Holt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
For me it will always be Mobilgas/Mobiloil/
Gargoyle/Socony. Here in New England these brands have been king for a long time, and I have been lucky enough to find and buy some
cool Mobil stuff.

L
L
Phillips 66 is number 1 for me.

------------------

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
My favorite is CONOCO! My grandpa had a Conoco station back in the 50's. I remember that one. He also had a Ford dealership in the 30's that sold Texaco!
Ric

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sinclair! My late son Jeff collected Sinclair. When I find Sinclair stuff it brings back fond memories of collecting petro stuff with my boys.
I also like anything wiith the "torch and oval" logo (Standard Ind, Pan-Am,Utoco,Amoco,American)
My younger son, Darrel, collected Shell stuff until he discovered girls

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
A
A
GULF... No particular reason except I like orange.

A
A

[This message has been edited by autoartist (edited 09-30-2003).]

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I'd have to go with Union Oil co. Love that "Speedy" Minute Man character (especially the earlier version!!) My folks took their cars to a Union station by my grandparents' house for years. The gentleman that owned the station was a great guy & would let me stay in the car when he put it up in the air for a lube & oil change. (Good place for a hyper little guy!) I remember trips up & down the west coast & I'd always look for Union 76 signs & stations. Tombstone would be either a Wayne 60, Tokheim 850 or an A-38 in a Union scheme. (I'd also like a picture of the 3 stooges as gas attendants!!!) Nyuk Nyuk Nuk

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved