Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...Doc, if you enlarge the photo on eBay, then go to the menu bar and click:

View > Page Style > No Style

...you can then copy the enlarged photo...works for me in Firefox, but not Safari...just be sure to change it back:

View > Page Style > Basic Page Style

...or you won't be able to browse...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
item was removed from credit card 11/8.

RANDY
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Tell him I'll buy them ...$10. I need something for target practice........

Cities service, Vickers, Gas and Auto neons, next exit/ ahead signs and now I'm getting into globes....

AKA PARIS HILTON!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
...Doc, if you enlarge the photo on eBay, then go to the menu bar and click:

View > Page Style > No Style

...you can then copy the enlarged photo...works for me in Firefox, but not Safari...just be sure to change it back:

View > Page Style > Basic Page Style

...or you won't be able to browse...

I WAS ON SAFARI, MY MAIN BROWSER. I USUALLY TRY TO DRAG AND DROP. SOMETIMES IT DOES WORK. SELLERS MUST HAVE CONTROL OVER THAT OPTION(?).

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Good barn hangers!!!!!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
T
T
Thought I`d add my 2 cents to this. I`m new to the site but have been watching off and on for years. I think these are the work of John Clifford from Monticello Indiana. He supposedly sold out a couple of years ago, but I hear he`s back at new signs. I believe the oval outboard motor signs that were discussed here a while back were his invention too. I have seen a Texaco outboard motor one that turned up recently also.I`ve heard he has a web site,but can`t recall what it is. If my memory comes back`I`ll post it.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
just my 2 cents..........nothing wrong with buying repops as long as they are priced as repops and not passed off as originals. There's a host of guys who show up at the shows who sell repop signs and fantasy globes and that's okay as long as they don't try to pass them off as real.

If you like the design and don't mind a repop or two in you collection, make an offer knowing that its a repop. Chances are you'll never see the design in real life.

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
T
T
You are right Hembird. Some of the new signs are kinda nice if you can buy them right. But those new porcelain signs that John Clfford sells as old are showing up everywhere at big prices.Some of my friends bought from him at antique shows for big bucks and he refused to give them back their money when asked.He`s been lying low for a while but has been resurfacing through various sellers on Ebay.Now I hear that he`s filtering them through dealers in the South. Best thing to do is keep informed.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think ponypainter is a name he uses on ebay.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
The guy selling these signs is Dale Robinson of Sycamore, ILL. He sells some signs on ebay. His farm related signs he puts on Yesterday's Tractor (ytmag.com). I believe he sells a mix of original and reproduction signs.

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved