Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18009 Wed Dec 31 2008 10:09 AM
OP Offline
I am considering trading my standard oil service station sign and pedestal for an old truck, but would like to know a value to place on the combo.
The sign is in great condition and measures 5' x 7' and is porcelain. The sign is still mounted in the pedestal and together they are 18 ft tall. The pedestal has no paint on it and the flame globe is missing. However, the sign is in great condition.
Any help woould be greatly appreciated.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I have a 6 foot red and white philips 66 sign, frame and pole that I've been told is worth about $1000. I'm actually cleaning up the sign right now to sell it (it had paint on it) because I have nowhere to put it up and need to get some work done on my boat (what else is new?). I'd imagine your sign may have similar value because of the custom shaped frame as opposed to a standard 6' round frame.

The sign will vary in price, depending on location. I paid around 500 for the one outside the front of our shop. It was missing the two porcelain globe clamps, as well as the flame globe and lights. The clamps can be difficult to find in good condition, the flames are fairly easy to come by. It took me 2 years of searching to find a set of lights for my pole, since then, I have probably seen 10 sets for sale. (amazing how that works)

I would say a fair price for the sign and pole would be 350-600 dollars. The clamps for the globe mount, anywhere from 100-300 depending on condition. The flame globe, probably between 250-700 dollars, depending on weather it is glass or plastic, and condition. A good pair of lights will probably run around 100-200 dollars. It adds up real fast to make this sign complete, but looks really good once totally complete and lit at night.

Ryan

------------------
visit my website for original gas pump parts

thepumpdump.com

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved