Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
There was apparently a good bit of variation in these cab-door signs. Perhaps they differed, somewhat, from one district to another, depending on the actual manufacturer. My Dad's, for example, had the smaller rectangular area, the word "Consignee" was in letters nearly as large as the name, the Consignee's name was his initials and last name (e.g., "R. R. HINDS", "F. F. BUHNER", "E. E. MORGAN"), and all of them which I've seen from this neck of the woods had three mounting studs on the back which went through drilled holes in the door and were secured with spring clips.

------------------
Jim Hinds
Columbus, Indiana

Jim Hinds
Columbus, Indiana
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Great info Jim, I have never seen a sign with studs attached, would be great to see a pic. if you have one. Have you found any new facts/stories about the Texas/Indian Refining company you would like to share? Always interested. Best regards, Joe

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Joe:

Here's a look see at a couple of mine. The blacktee 1937 was screwed on, the white tee 1956 was spring loaded like Jim H. talks about. Texaco as far as i know used many different manufactures over the years. But the large keyhole signs come from Canada.

Hope these shots help you ???

Doug

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Doug,
Thanks for the pic's, will keep a lookout for a Canadian version with the studs and post a picture if I find one. If you would like more information on your Canadian keyhole from Vegreville, let me know, its a good story. Joe

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Joe:

I don't own the sign your talking about, but I bet the group wants to hear the story pal.

Doug

I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Doug -

Yep - that second one (with the three studs on the back) is just like the ones my Dad had. I've got two of his plates, but neither one has the clips anymore.

------------------
Jim Hinds
Columbus, Indiana

Jim Hinds
Columbus, Indiana
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Doug, my apologies, I thought you had won the one on ebay a few months back, must have been another member. The Vegreville signs were picked twice, a collector in Edmonton came across an old texaco bulk station that was no longer in service with the original owner still living on the property, after much discusion the owner showed the Edmonton collector the various Texaco signs he had and a deal was struck to buy them. The owner explained these were all he kept from the station, two of the signs were mint consignee as well as a few other nice texaco signs. About two years later I was at another collectors home and he offered me a mint Vegreville consignee sign (pictured above) I asked if the sign was from the Edmonton collector, he said no but it was from the same station owner and he had also picked up a few other very nice Texaco signs from this owner. I always liked this story because it shows even if a collector has visited before you does not mean there are no items to be purchased. If I remember correctly there were a total of four mint consignee signs and four with some damage. Joe

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Where's Mr. Keyhole in all this???

I think Rick (buytex2) might be the owner ?

Rick where are you ?

Doug

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
here is some of mine

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
.i i have two from canada and 10 others that's all wish i had more