Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#223171 Mon Jan 03 2011 10:58 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Hi All, and happy new year from the U.K. (I Know I Am Late) Anyhow i have a real desire to have a National A38. Does anyone have any info o restoration, any help what i can be expected to pay for one needing restoration. in fact anything concering the A38, a good pump or a bad one?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hi and welcome.

One of the guys on this site, gaspumprob, had several A-38s he was trying to sell a couple of months back. He is a good guy. I don't know if you are looking for one from the U.S. or not.

There is a gas pump price guide availabe from Jack Sim that will give suggested prices.

Plenty of reproduction parts available. I would get a pump that is as complete as can be so you don't have to look like crazy to find parts for it--just the cosmetic stuff.

Gas Pump Heaven and Vic's 66 have repro parts. Several other places, too.

Hope that this helps.

Dave Folck

V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Hi and welcome to the site.
That is a great pump, very desirable. The value all depends on the condition and especially if it still retains the top, but Jack Sims book (1st Ed) places the value about $1100. Keep in mind that this is just a guide. As Dave said, parts are available but it gets pricey if the pump needs a lot of parts. Good looking pump.
Stay in touch here, don't be afraid to ask questions and post pics when you get your pump.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Tony, no leads on a national A38 but I know of a National A1 not too far from you, not 100% sure if it would be for sale, i'll dig out the guy's phone number if you're interested.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks For The Welome, sorry for the late reply, busy restoring my Mobilgas Script Top. Will post pics when completed, meanwhile i still have an urge for National A38. thanks Again Tony

T
OP Offline
T
I really just like the A38, however its worth a try. Please send his number.

Thanks Tony.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Go to pictures in the top row here on "Oldgas".
Look in the gas pump albums and you will find a good selection of both A38's and A1's - easy to see differences and if you like it enough.
/Claes

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved