Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#223648 Wed Jan 05 2011 12:54 PM
OP Offline
Below is a series of pictures of a Service Station, Grocery, Meat Market and Cafe located in Texarkana, TX.

This is the first market at this location. I can see what looks like a Fry on the front porch (right side).

After the first store burned in the late 30's or early 40's this one was built. The owner lived above the store. This picture was taken around the mid 40's. That is my dad on the bicycle in front of the store. He was born in 1936 and is about 12 here. He told me they would soap Mr. Braswell's windows at night and then he would pay them to clean them the next day. I guess that is tame juvenile delinquency compared to some of the stuff they do nowadays.

Don't know much about this one except that Mr. Braswell was still the owner and the gas pumps have been updated.

The second owners did not own it very long but gas was 83 cents a gallon.

In the 90's they turned it into a Cafe with some groceries and no more gas (from the pump anyway).

I took this one today when I was having lunch with my Mom and Dad. A Pakistani family owns and operates the cafe/store now. They haven't sold gas here in several years.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Aggie, you know what the neighbors say bout Texarkana ........ "Twice as Nice " Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's really cool that you have photographic records of the station over time, plus a personal connection to the station via your dad. A photographic time machine...

Nicole

OP Offline
Yeah, as you can tell, the pictures I posted are some I took of the ones they have on the wall of the cafe, except for the last one. My mom and dad were born just a few blocks from the cafe, across the street from each other. My Mom was on Arkansas side and Dad was on the Texas side of Stateline Avenue.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Now there's a TEXAS sized story ! Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
VERY NEAT STORY !

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Nice pictures Thanks for sharing smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved