Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
hello my fellow oldgassers, it is with heavy heart that i write to you. for today, the jarvis jinx hit st louis. i had heard stories about this jarvis jinx, but didnt believe. while a little superstitious, i didn't truely believe. but today i am a believer. as i planned on going to the "IT'S A GAS" swap in early january. i joked that i would have to stay away from JJ. when i heard he was gonna be there on friday, i moved my plans so i could go on saturday. i was in the market for a globe and didnt want to take a chance on this...so called jarvis jinx. there was one fatallity that friday, but they said JJ was not near the globe that fell. but HE WAS, HOWEVER, IN THE ROOM. i went saturday, jarvis had been gone for some time, so any chance of the jinx catching up with me surely would be gone. i did buy a globe that day, as a matter of fact i bought 2. a wide body milk glass and an origal milk glass from lonnie hop. but, the one from lonnie had a crack. so i felt the jinx would skip over me, thinking i had bought my way out of it.
fast forward to march 6, the peotone gas show. i met HUBBA, JIM, BOB, WADS, BRAD and many others...and yes....JJ! while i noticed him, i knew he had never seen me before. i could have walked right past him. but i didnt, for some reason i felt the need to tap him on the shoulder and say "hello". as any oldgas.com member might say to another. the fear of the jinx had completely escaped me. i was so excited to see someone from oldgas.com i reached my hand out as i said hello. thats when it happened! i knew at that moment something changed. i felt a chill go through my body. i felt different, but couldn't figure out why. as we talked and exchanged pleasantries. i started to realize what had happened. it was the jinx! i felt it, it was at that moment that it happened. i have heard stories of it traveling through the computer lines, but dismissed those as folklore, urban legends. but i now know the power of the jinx. i stayed away from lonnie hop's both just in case. but i knew, i knew what had happened, i just wanted to make it out of there without breaking something. and luckily i did.
today, march 14, 2005, i was on my deck, putting my texaco star globe back ontop it's pearch on my red and white wayne 70. it was up there, it was screwed down....something made me give it a nudge to make sure the wind wouldnt take it........it fell over backwards.....rolled over the top of the pump.....everything was moving so slow..........i reached, and grabbed it...it rolled off one hand, and then the other....and i saw it slowly heading out of reach and towards the ground. it hit the ground and one lense shattered. it rolled over as i thought to myself, at least only one broke. then i watched as i slowley rolled over to the other lens, and it shattered.............as i looked at the piece's on the ground so far below me, all i could think of was lonnie hop's card....."ALWAYS LOOKING FOR UNUSUAL SHAPED GLOBES" well lonnie, i have a rare one for you. it's a puzzle globe. big pieces on one side for the remedial learner. and very small pieces on the other, for the advanced puzzel enthousiast. if you want it, get a hold of me, i feel it will be worth alot someday. it's a rare 2 sided puzzel globe.
the bright side of this story...if there can be one. it was my REPRODUCTION TEXACO STAR. you know, with all the globe guys out there, you think someone would come up with a plastic lens, maybe rubbermaid. with JJ infecting so many people. i think it has to be done. someone save this hooby, hide the glass from me now too, dont look at me, dont call me, for i too am jinxed. the only thing i want to know is how long does this last? i'm supposed to get new windows in my house.

signed,
butterfingers

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Oh... that is good. I laughed through the whole thing. Mikey think i felt when that happened to a mint set of 16.5 mobilgas lenses. I am glad is has passed from me to someone else. I found it comes in three's so you might as well just go ahead and break 2 more. LOL Better yet order 2 more from Vic's and see how they come?

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
COME IN 3'S!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!
LOL I ONLY HAVE THREE!!!!

[This message has been edited by stlouismikey (edited 03-14-2005).]

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
You guys R2much!!!!! Thanks for the laughs!!!

------------------
If you love your freedom, thank a vet. If you love anything else, thank a trucker!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't call me tonight John (or Mikey) LOL.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MMM Mikey just shook JJs hand...HHHMMMM.. I think I hugged JJ about 3 times...should I be scared? I tell ya JJ...Jinx or not...nothing can keep me from huggin ya when I see ya...LOL UH Oh...I heard something fall off the shelf...be right back.

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jarvis, I still love ya. Don't let them get you down.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
ST LOUIS MIKEY....if you need some more Texaco lenses, I'll pay the freight....I know I'm not jinxed, but as for UPS????

Seth/Vic's '66'

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
OH MY!!!! Since it is in St.Louis I locked up the gill with original lenses. and the sky chief is crated.
May I suggest You STAY AWAY from the raffle pump till this passes.
You know That I am a Qualified to remove the jinx from you. First to remove all temptation from the wicked little curse I will come over and perform a globeectomy by removing the original texaco lenses and milk glass globe from the house. This keeps the bad juju from sneaking back in for a second helping of globe glass. Now that is just a stop gap procedure. The next part is a little more complex. You will need to get an original texaco star, sky cheif or even kanotex lens to offer the jinx. BUT I will have to offer it up for you, you know, to insulate you from the Jinx.
So now you should then bring the original lens's and body to the GB 176 altar that I have placed conviently in my garage. Do not try to fool the jinx with a repop as this will only enrage the beast! We will then place them high atop the GB 176 altar as a permanent offering to the Jinx. Thus breaking (no pun) the jinx.
Oh and did I mention that you will have to have a Texaco globe tatooed on a blank space(if you can find some)By Hubba the preist of pins and needles.
I am waiting for your speedy reply since the longer you wait the stronger the beast will become!

John
Acme Jinx remover co.

S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
hey john,
jarvis told me that it happens in 3's. so i smashed the KANOTEX on yellow ripple. and my IMPERIAL i got from CHEESE. i'm hoping this will lift the jinx. if not i will head over to the alter, and sacrifice the TEXACO STAR........LOL
you people are nuts
(butterfingers)
(jarvis jr.)
(mikey)

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
delete

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 08-22-2005).]

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
Come on guys lets give JJ a BREAK!!!!!!He has become a SHATTERED man FRACTURED everywhere.I want the old JJ back the one that would CRACK us up.
REX LIKES JJ

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
REX YOU ARE GOOD TODAY. L.O.L CHEESE

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mikey, Think how i felt when these new old stock lenses hit the floor. That was before insurance days too. I know i told the story of the cat breaking these... i wish i could have my way with that cat. Since it's my wifes cat... put it this way that cat never comes around me anymore.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
That bag almost looks like it has Kanotex pieces in it!! Is there another story to be told??

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved