Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#229003 Thu Jan 27 2011 02:11 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Check out Turtle 2403 Item number 350433407202 This is one of the signs that John Clifford from Monticello, Indiana was selling a couple of years ago. He has sold dozens of these and this seller sells many of his fakes. She has sold the fake Coke and Sterling signs several times.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes, she has sold lots of them. I used to email her in the past and tell her they are a fake, but she don't care.

Now theres even a photo copy of such a false plate that someone try to sell as an original framed ad - they never stop :-(

br
Claes

V
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
V
I emailed her if she would guarantee if it is original and at least she will offer money back if not satisfied! I here was her response:

Dear vmc44,

I have never seen a repro look like this I have no idea why it wouldn't be old and original??? you have a 7 day return for purchase price only

- turtle2403

T
OP Offline
T
She SHOULD know. She`s sold more than one of them. I think she`s an out let for John Cliffords stuff now that he`s in hiding. Oh well,Buyer Beware as they say.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
From what I can see- The real one has a trademark under the letter L in Oil. The details behind the headlight also look different. Plus there are four letters in the first part of the trademark under the gargoyle. The word ALL is in italics on the real sign. If you do not look close it looks real.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved