Next Thread
Print Thread
#230957 Fri Feb 04 2011 08:15 PM
A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
heres the sign... not worth much, but since its from his childhood, priceless. Yes thats my mail pouch barn :))

We have the BIG 5 foot porcelain sign and holder from his old station too. BY THE WAY, would there be any interests in a 1950-60 white and green porcelain panel gas station building? YES the whole buiding. I can get a pic later, we always wondered if it would be worth anything. Its all intact as it closed in 1975

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv jep.jpg 4208_1079258423452_1286017011_30236055_7728022_n.jpg
Last edited by Oldgas; Sat Feb 05 2011 07:35 AM. Reason: Posts moved from Value Questions forum
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
that's a 6 foot sign.
I have always loved seeing those barns painted with the advertising on them...How old is your barn and do you know when it was painted....I love it!

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
I forget how big it is.
You can tell I dont have a date tonight, lol
The oldest date when can find on it is 1903. We had it repaint 15 years ago when we bought it and the farm. We talked to the guy from Ohio that painted all the mail pouch barn and he said it was always painted this way. I saw it with mail pouch on it as far back as 1966. It is marked as a historic land mark.

A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
I am getting a lot of questions about the station...No I do not have pics. I pass it every day. Its all complete too. The problem will be the old pain in the butt, that owns it. Then again, no one has ever tried to buy just the building. I will grab some pics in the morning and put them on under Petro Values. The old fart that owns it may be a problem. I know him well and no one has ever tried to buy just the building. I will work on it. If it sits it will just go to hell.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Could you give us some more history about the station...sounds interesting

Last edited by Nicole; Fri Feb 04 2011 09:41 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
In my mind "Priceless" would be the word. If it brings you back to the place and days, when you were younger, I think it's priceless!! I have had my eyes open for a Pepsi machine that matches a time when I was a kid. I have seen older and younger machines but the right one just hasnt came along yet. I really like the two pumps together.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved