Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#237759 Wed Mar 02 2011 07:05 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Wilshire Poly Gas paint code - I'm doing a Bennett 76 in Poly Gas colors and would like to get the original green color paint code. Anyone out there have that info? I don't just want to paint it in a nice color. Thanks.

Last edited by Oldgas; Wed Mar 02 2011 08:06 PM. Reason: Edit subject to relate to message
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: coastpumper
Wilshire Poly Gas paint code - I'm doing a Bennett 76 in Poly Gas colors and would like to get the original green color paint code. Anyone out there have that info? I don't just want to paint it in a nice color. Thanks.

I would match it to the green in my decal or sign. Just my opinion.

Jamie Crosson
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I agree. Decal/sign color match works really well!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pale green in decal/can is very close to original color

There is some postings on this website for some suggested paint colors for POLLY. Check out www.bobs-garage.com, supposedly the paint he sells are matched to original paint codes, chips based on a book, catalog he has for the different major gas companies, not sure if that's all or partially true. Give him a call and he can explain it better. Nevertheless, I got the green paint from him, for my two Polly Gas pumps, see pics on showcase forum "POLLY GAS Pumps Southwest Model 812), the green matches the decals very well. There are so many pictures of the pumps restored using different versions of green for POLLY GAS, non-metalic, metalic, light green, medium green, etc. It's a matter of tastes. They all look good. Good-luck. Post pics when your done.

C
OP Offline
C
I talked to Bob and he doesn't have an original paint code for Poly Gas. I contacted "Pollyman" and he sent me a pic of an original Poly green painted pump, that he said Dick Bennett originally owned. I can probably get help with that. Thanks to all.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: coastpumper
I talked to Bob and he doesn't have an original paint code for Poly Gas. I contacted "Pollyman" and he sent me a pic of an original Poly green painted pump, that he said Dick Bennett originally owned. I can probably get help with that. Thanks to all.
i do not think you can color match off of a copy,you probably can but it will not be right, the pixels in a copy is what messes the color match up! What was suggested above will be your best bet! color match off of decal or can!

Last edited by DIESEL; Sat Mar 12 2011 09:15 AM.

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved