Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#240254 Sun Mar 13 2011 10:45 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have several auctions running on ebay now and i remember you use to be able to look at what else the bidder was bidding on what category detailed info that helped decide if you were going to let a bidder with 0 or very little feedback bid on your items is this not available on ebay anymore or have i spent hours looking in the wrong places. thanks in advance. what are some suggestions on whether or not to let a bidder with little feedback or 0 feedback bid on your items. recently i have had some negative experiences on ebay with non payment people PO'd because i wouldnt sell it to them with a buy it now etc ... i dont mind new ebayers bidding i would just like to know what else they are bidding on it would just make it a little more comfortable to know. hope everyone is well and haveing a great day.
Also i have contacted several people via ebay that i have questioned with 0 or little feedback with them just being new to ebay but others dont respond i would just really like to look at what else if anything they are bidding on categories etc.

please click on current auctions to check out some great items.

current auctions

Last edited by tjccafferty; Sun Mar 13 2011 10:50 AM.

tjccafferty@yahoo.com
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
i can't really answer your question. But have a suggestion,that you contact new buyer,and state that you won't ship untill payment is banked.Which acording to how they pay,it is my understanding takes 4to5 days in some cases. I just started browsing and buying recently,with a score of 6,with 5 small items bought this week,that I haven't got postives back from. I was bidding on fellow oldgas members item,and he stated he would not except bids from people with less than 5,without contact. Something else you might think about.I go direct to paypal,and pay with debit,so it's good as soon as you receive notice that I have sent payment.

I understand your concern,as I looked at your stuff,and is high end with large price tags. And people should return your email,contacts. If you post rules,as I have described,your either going to ***** them off,and they won't bid or they will contact you and maybe you can get a idea as to their motives.

Good Luck

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
I have, "no bidding on my items if have have a 5 or less feedback, you must email me first" If they email me, I ask if they know how ebay works. If they dont email me and they have a 0, I cancel their bid and email them.
I have nothing but trouble collecting off new ebayers.
AS far as seeing what else they are bidding on... I never new you could and I dont think you can. The same way you cant see who the winning bidder is.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You still can, if I understand the question correctly.... Just click on the bidder and a 30 day bidding history should pop up.

If this is the info you are looking for?

Bidder Information
Bidder: u***u ( 0 ) New eBay Member (less than 30 days)
Item description: Item Title: Old vintage Columbia Outboard Marine one quart oil can
Bids on this item: 9

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 116
Items bid on: 22
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 7% Help
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 0
30-Day Bid History
Category No. of Bids Seller Help Last Bid Help
Collectibles > Merchandise & Memorabilia 1 Seller 1 7d 5h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 10 Seller 2 7d 9h
Collectables > Transportation 7 Seller 3 1d 1h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 15 Seller 4 1h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 5 Seller 5 7d 18h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 10 Seller 6 4d 16h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 5 Seller 7 1d 7h
eBay Motors > Car & Truck Parts 6 Seller 8 3h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 1 Seller 9 17h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 4 Seller 10 2d 22h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 7 Seller 11 <1h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 2 Seller 12 5d 6h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 9 Seller 13 2d 10h
Collectables > Petrol 1 Seller 14 9d 7h
Collectables > Petrol 8 Seller 14 9d 7h
Crafts > Machines 1 Seller 14 9d 7h
Crafts > Machines 8 Seller 14 9d 7h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 1 Seller 15 6d 20h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 1 Seller 16 8d 21h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 8 Seller 17 5h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 1 Seller 10 6d 20h
Collectibles > Gas & Oil 5 Seller 18 1d 22h

<#1#> Close

<#1#> Close

To keep eBay a safe place for buyers and sellers, member-specific information is not displayed in the bid history. Review the rules for buyers - opens in a new window or tab.

You are getting quite a few "ebay newbies" interested in your items.

The high bidder on your Texaco clock already has a history of retracting bids, if it were me that would be a worry.

Last edited by Bob Richards; Sun Mar 13 2011 12:24 PM.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Morning Bob, I knew this could be done,as my first purchase,seller gave postive and welcome , to ebay. Which told me they was looking at something. OOPS it should be ,good afternoon,this time change is got me all messed up.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
bob that is exactly my thoughts to many newbies is getting me a little worried i dont mind as long as i can see there info like you found. your info is exactly what i have been trying to find but when i click on there id it sends me to there page and doesnt give me any history am i doing something wrong or skipping a step thanks so much.
todd cafferty

tjccafferty@yahoo.com
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
bob that is exactly my thoughts to many newbies is getting me a little worried i dont mind as long as i can see there info like you found. your info is exactly what i have been trying to find but when i click on there id it sends me to there page and doesnt give me any history am i doing something wrong or skipping a step thanks so much.
todd cafferty

tjccafferty@yahoo.com
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
i just realized for some reason i am able to look at the bidder history info for my own auctions as long as iam not signed into ebay or if iam signed in it brings me to their feedback page. huh go figure.

Last edited by tjccafferty; Sun Mar 13 2011 01:17 PM. Reason: hit post 2X

tjccafferty@yahoo.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry, I did forget the step where you need to "look" at the histories as an "outsider".

I use some of these features so often, it becomes second-nature and I don't realize all the different steps needed to get to the outcome.

Last edited by Bob Richards; Sun Mar 13 2011 01:16 PM.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
You can find bidder history. I thought he wanted to know if you could be what else, THEY ARE BIDDING ON, as in active bidding.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes you certainly can find what any buyer is bidding on and whether they won item or not. Search By Bidder

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
But only if you know bidders user I.D.,right?

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
M
M
I think some of you guys need to get a real life. Come on, do you really need to also make notes of what other people are buying?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I collect shakers... i know who most are that bid. It's nice to see what my fellow collectors are buying. It would still be that way if it wasn't for people trying to scam and rob people.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved