Next Thread
Print Thread
#246244 Fri Apr 08 2011 06:22 AM
J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
I'm wording this carefully, so here it goes. What type of atmosphere can one expect at the MI gas show, especially after hours? Reason I ask, I'm thinking about bringing my wife and six year old son along in the motorhome and make a weekend out of it. Is it civil and quiet at night, say 9 or 10pm, or is it a little loud - party atmosphere? I plan to attend regardless. Just wondering if to bring them along.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
friendly, fun, family atmosphere great people good times .
if you camp at the fair grounds its very quiet .
come to cheese's house on friday for a good time and free food ,auction,hog roast and even something your son would bid on .
hope to see ya there .dice.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Paddy is doing some cooking and sounds like it will be a good time!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will be roasting the p-i-g HOGS. I could use some help JJ. Maurice said he was gonna be the sampler so that job is already taken.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Going to be better than ever this year...and it's always been a great time with super food and super people. Worth my 5 hr. drive before you even add the petroliana so yes come on out and bring the family! grin

J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
Sounds great. We'll be there!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There have always been a large number of families that attend. The pre-show BBQ party is at Cheeses house on Friday. This is a fun time. I know we say Party, Party, but at 65 I think a party is two people sitting and talking. There is FAR MORE soda consumed than any type of alcohol.
Now when it come to food, we can't guarantee you won't gain weight..... you will.
If you enjoy sitting around talking to people about Petro till the late night hours, this is for you.
Last year Cheese had huge Pizzas delivered at 11:30 PM. I'm talk'in 24" size. We were all sitting around a camp fire where the "first lire" didn't have a chance...
At the auction you will find "super rare" to just plain JUNK. You have to decide which is which.
If you want to put something in the auction, bring it along, but please be early.
Good clean fun for the whole family.
The swap meet on Saturday has always produced great buys.
We travel eight hours to get there and have NEVER been disappointed.

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I have been twice drove from Co. Worth every mile Cheese and Dawn are awsome hosts. It may not be the biggest show but it is definitely the freindliest show. I have always sold good and bought good at this show.
Brandon

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D

my boy ..at the pre party

Last edited by dice.; Sat Apr 09 2011 08:47 AM.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I agree with OldRacer. I was there for my first pre show bbq and auction last year and had an incredible time. Very relaxed. Seemed to be an older crowd, we all just hung out and talked. I have 2 six year olds and I may bring them this year just for the food. Hope to see ya there!!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved