Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Mac,

Its easier to find a new woman than new pumps!!
Unfortunatly it hard to find real good ones, plus you still have the old one to deal with..jmo..

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Mac Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
You're right about that, Dodo!

I wish I could get her to appreciate the pumps, but I'm just happy she doesn't get upset with the cost. I'm not sure that the majority of women would be as understanding. The only thing I can think about is restoring pumps, finding new ones, and what I'll find next. I think it drives her nuts........

Mac

S
S
I have a Tokheim v-39 that I did a "medium" nice resto on a few years ago, (body shop paint job, vintage enamel sign and a re-pop globe)in my living room but I am just now starting on a Wayne 515 thats barnyard fresh, its solid but rust colored. I am considering doing it like the rat rod guys do their stuff, faded lettering and thin paint. My plan is to use this one as a patio light so its going to live outside.

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
heres one that will not get restored. cheese

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Unrestored is great. I have two restored display pumps but these two are my favorites.
RayC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\PICTURES\shrunk\batch\DSC00296.JPG

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
If I ever find a pump, in as good condition as in the photo from the big Cheese, it would stay just as is. Unfortunatly, mine have been rusted & dented. Heck, one of them even had bullet holes in it.

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
still can't quite figure out this picture thingC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\PICTURES\shrunk\batch\DSC00296.JPG

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HOTCIDR - SEND ME YOUR PIC - I'LL GET IT ON FOR YOU.

DOC @ TAG.WEST
drcoke@optonline.net

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Cheese, great pump! Wonderful Patina. Hey Ray, here's one photo of your two pumps, until you get yours uploaded. http://www.vintagegas.com/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi?c=show_image;p=Pumps/Computer%20Pumps;i=56;img=Ray%20Seider%20collection.jpg

I figured you be on the road for Iowa?

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
A
A
I gotta add my three cents to this discussion. Whenever I see a pump inside it bugs me. I get the same feeling when I see a great car in a museum and its up on those little stands to keep the weight off the tires. Or when you see baseball in a plastic case. I guess I just need to be able to touch things or have them in a "natural" environment. Oddly I don't mind a nice display of globes as long as they are on a shelf, but oil cans seem weird lined up like library books. It is like cars, some are runners and some are show queens. I prefer the sound of an engine and smell of the exhaust over the metal flake job with the chrome undercarriage. Different strokes for different folks everyone is entitled to what they enjoy cause it would be a weird world if everyone shared my hangups.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved