Next Thread
Print Thread
#253916 Thu May 12 2011 07:33 PM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
THESE ARE A FANTASY ITEM, as I do not believe any have been found to date. My father oilmanpat(on OLDGAS) has the rights from Bob Ware himself, to reproduce items with the Wareco logo on them. These are not water transfer, these are full door stickers with the Wareco logo on them. These are very detailed, with the Wareco Willie attendant and numbers on the reels even. We took some beat up Esso S&Ps, removed the remaining decal and replaced them with the full door stickers. Hope you like them, as I my dad and I do!!

008.JPG 003.JPG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very cool !

M
M
Originally Posted By: chadrock00
THESE ARE A FANTASY ITEM, as I do not believe any have been found to date. My father oilmanpat(on OLDGAS) has the rights from Bob Ware himself, to reproduce items with the Wareco logo on them. These are not water transfer, these are full door stickers with the Wareco logo on them. These are very detailed, with the Wareco Willie attendant and numbers on the reels even. We took some beat up Esso S&Ps, removed the remaining decal and replaced them with the full door stickers. Hope you like them, as I my dad and I do!!

Sorry, these undated fantasy items will sooner or later be passed to someone who is not aware of your actions and problems will result.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...agreed - you should get a set of number dies, heat them up a little, you could stamp '2011' in the back side of the shakers...problem solved...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree on this one! Just some regular number stamps would work with a little heat.

Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
...agreed - you should get a set of number dies, heat them up a little, you could stamp '2011' in the back side of the shakers...problem solved...

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
That didn't take long for Nancy Negative to show up....should have kept them to myself.

These are not for sale, so no result of my "actions" will ever take place. The back of both of mine are stamped "Schmidt ESSO Service, Maryland," which could never be mistaken for any Wareco Station from Illinois, Iowa, or Florida. I do not know it all about S&P's, but I have never in twenty years seen originals with printed vinyl, full front door, stickers(opposed to water transfer decals). However, John and Gulf, thank you for the idea and positive input.

We had thoughts of making a small, DATED, run of these. The date would be printed on the sticker, so removal would be impossible without ruining the sticker. So if there is any interest out there for these, let me know. Thanks

M
M
Originally Posted By: chadrock00
That didn't take long for Nancy Negative to show up....should have kept them to myself.

These are not for sale, so no result of my "actions" will ever take place. The back of both of mine are stamped "Schmidt ESSO Service, Maryland," which could never be mistaken for any Wareco Station from Illinois, Iowa, or Florida. I do not know it all about S&P's, but I have never in twenty years seen originals with printed vinyl, full front door, stickers(opposed to water transfer decals). However, John and Gulf, thank you for the idea and positive input.

We had thoughts of making a small, DATED, run of these. The date would be printed on the sticker, so removal would be impossible without ruining the sticker. So if there is any interest out there for these, let me know. Thanks

You are so funny! Make two sets so everyone that wants one will be taken care of.

C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Everyone on here can go back and look at your recent post, as I'm sure that you know that. Every post that is available is mean, hateful, or sarcastic about, towards, or intended to be derogatory to someone. Find another website to be a menace to.
I LOVE....let me repeat LOVE this website. I check it everyday on numerous occasions and I'm not sure what I would do without it. It is part of my life. What I did was SHARE a recent project, and informed them that it was a Fantasy item. No deception as you WANT to intend. I'm not trying to be funny in any way. There is a certain way to go about things...I believe after the 15 plus PM's and then truthfulness about this item out-weighs you one negative remark. I love this sight, but I HATE the haters...double edge sword, I know. There is always one!!!

Last edited by chadrock00; Sat May 14 2011 01:38 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for sharing...

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
TXS FOR SHARING YOUR FANASTY PROJECT!!!! I LOVE WHAT YOU DID FOR YOU AND YOUR DAD!!! I HAVE DONE ENOUGH FANASTY PROJECTS OVER THE YRS AND SHOWED THEM ON THIS SITE,,, I REALLY CAN APPRECIATE THE WORK INVOLVED IN YOUR PROJECT!!! YOU HAD A IDEA AND MADE IN COME TRUE!!! I LOVE IT TXS ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Being that he used a VINYL decal, I Don't see a problem down the line UNLESS they are sold on ebay.

Are ALL of the Metal/Glass bodies for globes Marked/Dated? NO
Are ALL Water Slide/Vinyl Decals/Signs that are on pump restorations Marked/Dated? NO

Chad, Thanks for stepping up & saying HOW you made YOUR S&P.
db

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Sat May 14 2011 08:54 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I like the full door decal, it gives it a nice clean look.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S&P Police aren't near as Brutal as the Pump Police!
I was CASTRATED on Both sites. LOL

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I think they're pretty cool and a great idea, especially given your history with Wareco.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved