Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Quote:
You yourself said that you and lacie51 use the same sign company to make your Porcelin-Coat signs which are not really porcelain in the thread

well then I have no idea - we do share the properties of being 14 gauge and having no shelving, but I definitely did not leave a mark when I poked one of my signs last night.

Quote:
Look at your promises from 2009 you made here.

you're turning this back into an ex post facto inquisition, which we've moved past several pages ago in this thread.

Last edited by agentsteel53; Tue Jul 12 2011 07:40 AM.

jake@aaroads.com

any questions about road signs - authenticity, value, etc - ask away!

the AARoads shield gallery - over 10,000 historic highway marker photos

San Diego, CA - US 80, 101, 395
R
R
"ex post facto inquisition" Can you make me a repop road sign out of this? Please do not mark it, I do not want the value to reduced by any such markings.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Rick Brown
"ex post facto inquisition" Can you make me a repop road sign out of this? Please do not mark it, I do not want the value to reduced by any such markings.

really, you want a sign that says "ex post facto inquisition"?

what shape and layout would you like it? it will be expensive, since it is customized to such a limited market.

I call your bluff.

quit trolling. you are adding nothing to the discussion.

Last edited by agentsteel53; Tue Jul 12 2011 09:22 PM.

jake@aaroads.com

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's not beating a dead horse, It's calling out a MAJOR problem in this hobby and someone that just doesn't get it that he is a major player in the Problem.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
R
R
OK I’ll troll and add to the discussion then. You have 12 fake highway signs listed on Ebay now. Made exactly to the T, all unmarked as being a copy or replica. 11 signs described as porcelain when thy are not, and one Route66 for any state and number you pick. You have been selling these since Apr 2007 on Ebay but still don’t have a die or anyway to mark them? What good is this for the hobby?

Last edited by Rick Brown; Wed Jul 13 2011 07:08 AM. Reason: .
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Exact copies/replica/Unmarked Repo Signs/Items ARE the problem, they are NOT adding to the hobby of collecting. Just padding your pockets & Your trying to justify it!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Dick B: of course I am justifying it! they are my product, and I would like to sell them. Keep myself in business and all that. American way, yade yada.

if you really want to know the differences that make them less than *exact* copies, I am happy to share (please see two pages ago with regard to embossed route markers; I will happily put up a similar discourse for porcelains - "no shelving" covers it accurately enough but I should stress that the dimensions of my replica signs are well off as well) but really, most people who are my customers are happy to know that they are "close enough" for display purposes.

I am adding to the hobby of collecting, whether you (and anyone else on this board!) like it or not. there are price points: some will buy the original for over 10000, and some will buy mine for 99.

to each, their own. to each, their choice.

Last edited by agentsteel53; Wed Jul 13 2011 09:49 PM.

jake@aaroads.com

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Rick Brown
You have been selling these since Apr 2007 on Ebay but still don’t have a die or anyway to mark them? What good is this for the hobby?

as mentioned... I will add the die mark to each and every embossed sign I make. Since late May, when I agreed to manufacture a die and stamp signs as a replica, made in 2011, I have not sold a single embossed sign which does not have this mark. In fact I have not sold a single embossed sign at all - I am holding them here, waiting for the die.

I have done my absolute best to understand the reasonable requests (see: Tara Worsham), so please try to find a way in which to be reasonable with me. If you think I have not done enough - point out the specific ways in which I have failed to do so. Please don't just give me general diatribes filled with moral judgments; it makes sense for neither of us.

Last edited by agentsteel53; Wed Jul 13 2011 09:45 PM.

jake@aaroads.com

R
R
agentsteel53, It is funny that you only want to quote me on the parts of my comments that you want to address. Allow me to point out the fire that is causing the smoke in this thread:

"You have 12 fake highway signs listed on eBay now. Made exactly to the T, all unmarked as being a copy or replica. 11 signs described as porcelain when thy are not, and one Route66 for any state and number you pick."

This is not some sort of "general diatribes" as you call it, these are statments of FACTS!

Your motive is money, and like Lacy you skirt the issue with misleading claims to promote your product. Just so you can't claim more "general diatribes", I am addressing the fact that you have currently listed 11 of your fake signs on ebay and you make claim that they are porcelain or porcelain like when in fact they are nothing more than some sort of computer generated ink printed sign with a high quality sprayed on clear coat.

Get it?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved