Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I'm a tinkerer. From my earliest memory, I've been deconstructing things only to reconstruct them right after. My major in College was graphic design and I LOVE the old advertising and the lines of art deco in general. As I got older, I discovered car restoration and I wanted in. I fell in love with the fins of the 1959 Cadillac and have wanted one since. With 3 kids under 8 and limited space, I cannot do a car resto - BUT when I saw my pump on CL and "discovered" this site, I knew my restoration itch was about to be satisfied. I detest the throw away generation that we live in, but this is where we are and there's no going back. I cant WAIT to start the reassembly of my pump and I will share it with all you fine folks. This is a great hobby and hopefully I can start another restoration when I am able.

thanks for the continued support

BIGTOM

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Guys and Gal,

That's what I was after,to show the newcomers that there is so much more to it than "what's it worth?"That question is most certainly part of it,I think most of us keep an eye on it,and questions are usually answered.

There you go newcomers.Respect for history,husband and wife participation,nostalia,appreciation of art and design,good natured kidding,old cars and trucks and much more.

Welcome to our merry band,now you know why many of us are here.I hope you enjoy it!!

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
To lose money, buy high sell low, ya gotta love it!

Always looking for SKELLY items.
BLange #258151 Fri Jun 10 2011 06:08 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Old Iron,

Sorry I'm so late to this post, but I joined the forum initially to research a painting I was doing (see gas station ID Q). If I had wrote that in last week I know DB would have given me a hard time (LOL) asking where the dang painting was. I finally (FINALLY) have posted it.

I've stayed on the list because of all the cool graphics of the advertisements, wonderful engineering of the equipment, and for the beautiful restored and unrestored pumps I see on this list.

Plus I have met on the forums and at Mason-Dixon some really great folks!

I do now have a collection of sorts, but I don't think I'll ever be a rabid collector like some. For those of you only buying and not selling, what do you all do with a gazillion gas pumps? : o : )

My collection:

An old car/travel related puzzle, and a theatre magazine with the "Automobilist."

One fantasy oil can and three mini real oil/lube cans (posted a week ago),

Five 5 petro related books, including Jacks.

I may not be on as often during the long day months because I can paint longer in daylight, but it's very likely I will be annoying you all more in the winter.

smile smile smile

Last edited by Nicole; Fri Jun 10 2011 06:09 AM.
Nicole #258302 Sat Jun 11 2011 06:42 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Like old junk lyin' around.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved