Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
By the way - DB, or anyone else who might know - does anybody know what, if any, locking mechanism would have been on the 276? The round hole on the sliding top has what looks like are the remains of a catch or lock mount on the inside, but whatever was there is long gone. At some point it it's life, someone with a cutting torch cut a ragged square hole in the top lid and would then just loop a chain though it and the round hold and padlock it. I would like to fix this and if anyone knows how it locked, or has any pictures, I would appreciate it!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for the pictures! They look great! Its always nice to see how someone else has done it because theres always ideas to be gained from someone else's ideas.Theres a million different ways to display these things and I'd like to see them all! Thanks again.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
Thanks for the pictures! They look great! Its always nice to see how someone else has done it because theres always ideas to be gained from someone else's ideas.Theres a million different ways to display these things and I'd like to see them all! Thanks again.

No problem KW - just wait until the 276 is done. I broke it down about 3 weeks ago to every single nut, bolt and fitting and part - just the pump and pump head weigh a good 200+ pounds on this beast. Sandblasted this weekend (I decided sandblasting is not nearly as much fun as it looks to be...) Getting parts to plating shop in a couple weeks, then final paint, graphics and reassembly - hopefully done in the next 6 weeks. I'll post more pictures then.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After I get a new camera I'll get a few pictures. Old camera I had at IG Suffered Heat Exhaustion, display on back quit working.

OP Offline
Thanks Dick - appreciate it. If you are looking for something other than just a basic point and shoot pocket camera, I recently bought a Cannon Rebel T3 - it's not cheap ($450-$550 range depending on where) but it has similar specs and quality of the $1,200+ Cannons and takes great quality pictures! You can't tell from the ones I upload, but at full resolution the detail and sharpness is perfect - easy to use as well. I bought an equivalent Nikon for the same price but returned it - not even in the same league as the Cannon. Awesome low light pictures as well - just amazing.

The top picture above of the "Three Sisters" with the pumps side by side I took at night, with no lights on other than the pump globe lights and the mini lights on the tree behind them with NO FLASH in the dark! (flash whitewashed the 615 pump to much reflecting off it as you can see in the second picture) The colors are amazing, and even in full resolution, detail is sharp as can be. It is a full size, full lens camera, so it's not pocket size, but still an excellent camera for only a little more than a basic one. Just a suggestion.

My email is on my profile if you want to email me the pics directly when you get to it. Thanks again

~ Aaron

Last edited by AntiquePerfectio; Tue Aug 09 2011 05:02 PM.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for the info, but I'm not a "Professional Photographer", I have Photo Shop to tweak most lighting mistakes! smile

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is the lockup

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved