Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#21860 Mon Dec 15 2008 09:53 AM
S
S
I'm concerned about fading by these compact fluorescents as well.
I don't know about pyro glass, etc. being faded, but in a room at work, we have some brown kraft-colored cardboard trays (like the flats you get a case of beer in) with manila coin envelopes in them, sitting under 8 foot florescent tube light fixtures.
Both the cardboard trays and paper manila envelopes get badly faded out over time by the florescent bulbs, you can lift an envelope out of the tray, and see a distinctive 2-tone shade of lighter and darker, the darker being the area where it was not exposed to the bulbs.
So I'm not sold on the argument these compact fluorescents cannot fade other things over time as well. Perhaps not short term, but who has had them in something for many years at this point??

[This message has been edited by Sierra (edited 12-15-2008).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#21861 Tue Dec 16 2008 04:11 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jason thanks for starting this discussion it made me go out and buy these bulbs for my pumps and globes today. It has made a difference they look so much better, it makes the glass globe bodies just pop. Im sold

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved