Next Thread
Print Thread
#272439 Tue Sep 06 2011 10:43 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
has anyone had there collection professional appraised and what kind of insurance do u have.?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Hagerty covers mine for 75,000. Real easy gone and about 700 a year.

PAY IT FORWARD......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Is that a separate coverage other then regular business or homeowners if your collection is at your residence? My insurance company wanted about 1500 as an adder to our normal homeowners policy. Where is Hagerty out of?

Kris Strong
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I have Collectibles Insurance Services,L.L.C.
I pay over a thousand a year but it covers items at my business and at my man cave. And covers items shipping and receiving with restrictions.
Had hagerty when I had the muscle cars but changed to these people for 8 years now.
www.Collectinsure.com
Maurice

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
I do not know if one becon writes hagerty policies for items but if they do I would not rec. it.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have the same as Maurice and they are so easy to deal with. My cat yes I wrote cat broke two of my globes last year I took pictures told them what happened and they paid it with no problem. I now have all my globes in globe holders no problem with the cat anymore. i have 25,000 coverage and I pay 65.00 a year so its not bad when you think about it.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
s932 #272492 Tue Sep 06 2011 03:12 PM
That is cheap. Hagerty is the same people that insure classic cars and bikes. I am not sure if you have to have a car insured with them? Really nice to talk to on the phone. Good luck.

PAY IT FORWARD......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You may want to check your own homeowners insurance. We actually have car and homeowners on seperate policies (long story) and I wanted to insure my art I was producing and also have liability to cover studio visitors. It was the car insurance (state farm) that came through and provided the extra coverage (the home insurance was going to farm that policy out to another company). Now I guess it's considered part of my business, but if regular insurers offer extra coverage for art, jewelry, guns, electronics etc, why not your gasoline memorabilia?

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Also have collectors insurance, just under a $1000 per year for two locations. Has full replacement for a total loss and a % for theft. Items over 5k need to be listed on the policy.

As Maurice said there are some limitations for shipping or transportation but if you go to shows or auctions the transportation benefit is really nice (it only takes one set of rough railroad tracks or one bad strap).

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Hey, no one has answered Moparman's question about appraisals. How did you get your appraisal in order to know what coverage was needed? I'm needing this advice also! Sam

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
With Collectibles Insurance Services, you don't need to have your collection appraised. As okoil1 said, you do need to list items over 5K in value on the policy, but they don't need to be appraised.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Tara is right with Collectibles Insurance Service you do not need an appraisal. You just need a list of the items with a value. I suggest you have photos of all of your items storage at a different location or in a fire proof safe. That way you can have some like me or Scott Benjamin do an appraisal from the photos. I would not pay for appraisal unless you are setting up a trust or dividing an estate. I have done appraisal that have cost from $1500 to $15,000, you can buy alot of stuff from my auction for that kind of money. Dan

M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
thanks for all the incite everyone.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
What type of deductables are associated with the policies that you'd get at Collectibles Insurance Services? I checked out their web site but didn't see anything about deductables when filing a claim. Greg

Greg
On the lookout for Marland Oil / Conoco Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's 50 per claim

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved