Print Thread
#23468 Tue Nov 08 2005 07:40 AM
J
JERRY J Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
Is anyone using, or have used, a vibratory tumbler to clean Brass or Steel screws, nuts, bolts, etc. for your restorations. ??

I'm getting tired of sore, scraped fingers and getting on my hands & knees looking for an item that the wire wheel of the bench grinder has thrown into the unknown..

TIA for all comments & help......

------------------
Regards ....
Jerry J .....

Regards ....
Jerry J .....
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#23469 Tue Nov 08 2005 10:20 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I tried a tumbler that I got at a low end hardware store. Tried sand....wet, then dry. Used glass bead and black beauty. Left it run for days with brass screws inside. Not worth the time or cost, at least for me.

#23470 Tue Nov 08 2005 07:19 PM
K
Koz Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Hi Jerry,
I,m a retired art instructor who has a love for so many directions that it's difficult to go any one direction. My art studio is set up for a number of things but in particular for the production of jewelry from scratch. Since I use polishing wheels, flexshafts and tumblers for jewelry it has been something I have also used when the need comes around. My tumbler set-up is actually used for rough tumbling for the cleaning and for the finish tumbling. There is a ton of choice for tumbling media in a variety of sizes. It just depends on what you are trying to do. It should be pointed out that the polished stainless steel I use for finish work is not cheap, but on the other hand it doesn't wear out fast.

From my standpoint, tumbling is a VERY desirable way to go many a time. Feel free to email or call me for recommendations or suppliers or whatever else is of question.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved