Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Howdy Gang,

Just back from the Evansville, Indiana Gas & Oil swap meet! Very, very cool!!! Great meeting you Jack!! Great fellow! This was my first Gas & Oil meet and I really enjoyed it.

My question stems from actually seeing pumps that I have heard about in the past. Mark of Memories Restored was kind enough to share information necessary to make a computer pump operate as though it was actually pumping fuel. How many RPM's should the input shaft to a Bennett 966 computer (or any other...) turn during normal operation? I'm going to try to locate an electric motor that would duplicate that number of RPM's somewhat closely. Any tips anyone??? Jack?

Thanks in advance for the information!

Jarvis - I wanted to say 'hello' but must have missed ya! Maybe next time...

Again Gang, Thanks!

------------------
Michael Botkin
2 Bennett 966's
Bowser 595
71 Mach 1 Mustang

[This message has been edited by STLMach1 (edited 05-11-2003).]

Michael Botkin
2 Bennett 966's
Bowser 595 (Looking for parts)
71 Mach 1 Mustang
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've used 45 & 60 rpm geared motors to run the computer. I think I got them from Grangers.
Dick

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Michael, Sorry i missed you... i saw Jim Potts there and yelled for him but he didn't here me. I talked to Ethan (cans and stuff) and David Higdon (dfhigdon) and saw Jack but he was busy... i only had 2 1/2 hours to be there and was late getting back home as it was. The show was a great turn out... there was a lot of people that came through the gates and everyone i have talked to bought something and took it home. I had a friend of mine that doesn't even collect gas stuff go with me and he took something home (he about to just train and buy a pump) He is a big John Deere tractor guy.

-------------------------------
Indiana Petro-nut junkie

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Hey John,
My hearing ain't too good anymore. You have to get close and yell or hit me with something. That works for my wife. Sorry I missed you. Did you see Tom Allen had his new "American Oil Cans" book there? He and his wife Susan did some great photo and computer graphic work on the book.
Jim

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Speaking of oil cans.......how about you guys sending some pictures to Jim for the oil can albumn? This can be a great resource, but it doesn't just happen. Someone has to submit the pictures! I sent in 300+ pics. Hmm, there must be about twenty thousand (really!!!!) quarts we don't have pictures of yet. Lets get some more can pictures posted.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
S
OP Offline
S
Many thanks Dick!

I will try to look into what Grainger has available. I really appreciate the tip!

No if I can just figure out how to get a switch to work in the pump handle... LOL

That one may be a challenge!

Thanks again!

------------------
Michael Botkin
2 Bennett 966's
Bowser 595
71 Mach 1 Mustang

Michael Botkin
2 Bennett 966's
71 Mach 1 Mustang
R
R
Hello Michael, I've done about 5 of these now. I use a 25 rpm motor from Grainger. I've got the part # at the shop. I'll post it tomorrow. I also have a pattern that I drew up on Auto-cad to adapt the motor to the meter. Give me a fax # and I'll send it to you. The pattern fits on a standard 8.5 X 11 paper, so it'll be to scale. Richard

S
OP Offline
S
That would be great Richard! Many thanks!

My work fax is: 314-268-1585

Just address it to: Michael Botkin

I really appreciate it Richard. After seeing a pump operate in this fashion, I've been very excited about trying this myself. My father works at a plant with a machine shop so I'll probably talk to him about having the mounting bracket fabricated.

Further motor details would be great Richard. The motors I've found thus far have had RPM ranges of 1500 - 2500 which sound WAY too high. Also, what horsepower is required to turn the computer. I don't want to undersize the motor and burn it up.

You know, the folks on this site are awesome! It's great to see how everyone's so willing to lend information and advice. For newbie's like myself, it helps very much and is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to you Richard and everyone else here!

Blessings,

------------------
Michael Botkin
2 Bennett 966's
Bowser 595
71 Mach 1 Mustang

[This message has been edited by STLMach1 (edited 05-12-2003).]

Michael Botkin
2 Bennett 966's
71 Mach 1 Mustang
R
R
Hello Michael, the Grainger part# is 3M257. Log on to www.grainger.com and type in the part # in their search section. You will get a picture and all the info you need. Have fun, Richard

I
I
Michael, the pumps you saw in Evansville had a Dayton 2L011 motor ..12 volt ..50 rpm at full load..it might be the same one yall are talking about from Grainger ..

Mark Sconyers...Memories Restored

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved