Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I sold 6 books. I know it's not big money but everyone that bought them were guys that had been on oldgas for awhile and i shipped the books before payment.

Funny none of the "what is the value of this" or "how much is this worth" guys never bought the books. LOL Probably never even looked at the post.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
The number of posts for a member is still visible in the member's profile.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I guess I should clarify, there was something about that information showing that helped me clarify identities, maybe I relate to numbers easier thans names, its definately not about them bring a good buyer.

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Don't think that a rating sytem is needed, just fustrated on my end. The last item was a Sinclair base and pole, very heavy. After lowering the price and findng a FREE shipment to Georgia from Illinois, the guy backs out as it is in transit.

A mans word is just as good as money when selling. If I told someone I wanted the item and I would work out the details in a reasonable time frame, I would expect the item to be there when I go to get it. If the buyer sells it out from under me, he's just as bad or even worse than a guy buying and then backing out.

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
to borrow from R. Lee Ermy .....why are we being all namby-pamby about all this? I mean really...
Call the jackwagons out, and maybe they'll quit being flakes.
I'm all for saving the drama for your mama, but I'm also sick of all the political correctness/tiptoeing around/can't be offensive stance taken by so may people nowadays. If deals go bad here, I'd appreciate knowing the players so it doesn't happen to me too! If it gets resolved after the fact, there's that neat feature called 'edit' for your posts.....

"All evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing"...(or something like that)

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
As a seller, you try to find the best place to sell. When you find a good place to sell you stay there. When you find a site or buyer that's not worth it, you don't sell there anymore. It's wrong that one or 5 bad apples mess it up for others but, I have had 5 people on here, back out after saying, "I will buy that." I also have 4 items from here that have been paid for and I have never received. That was all within the last year. More than in the last 10 yrs on ebay. Just my experience.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Bill,
Nice to see you posting again; experience is always fun to watch. As has been noted on several threads around here, membership on oldgas as a newcomer or veteran either one is no guarantee of ethical behavior.Sad, but that is the way it is, I also have felt the disappointment as both a buyer and seller. Perhaps a little self evaluation is in order . I know I'm doing it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Oldgas is SOO ADDICTIVE..... that when some members have said they are done [leaving], less than a Month later they are posting AGAIN!
LOL

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
After an interesting email from another oldgasser regarding my previous post, I am now shocked and amazed. Very disturbing the names that came up that either flaked out or squirreled on deals.....so now I can only presume the reason nobody gets called out is because of so many skeletons in so many closets?Now I'm having second thoughts about the overall credibility of this hobby...... I'm sitting here right now bewildered and disappointed......

My apologies to Jim(who I have always respected and considered a friend) if this post is out of/over the line. If it is, please delete it.

Last edited by fins n vtwins; Fri Nov 25 2011 10:02 PM.
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
OK DICK, I will bite, one more time !
Who are you mad at? Every post is negative.
I have always been here. Since collectors on here stop in and buy my stuff, I thought I would try posting and see what happens.

Last edited by always lookin; Sat Nov 26 2011 09:22 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My first instinct was to say we should call the jackwagons out as Mike suggested.
On second thought, as a former moderator and administrator of this site I know doing so would cause a bunch of problems for the moderators and watchdogs. They're already overworked and under appreciated. I think having a rating system, or a way to report bad transactions (and refereeing the inevitable arguments that would follow) would just add to their workload and accomplish very little as far as changing the bad behavior.
The best thing you can do is network with other collectors and try to stay informed.
I've dealt with around half of the people that have posted on this topic. Most have been good to excellent to deal with.....MOST, not all!!!!!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
I agree with what Lastgas15 says. The member rating feature shows a potential of being abused and causing problems more than helping. Networking by email, PM message or other non-public ways is the best way, IMO. Please pass along only your personal, factual experiences and those of trusted friends. Reputations can be ruined by spreading false info that comes from those intent on hurting someone with whom they have a grudge.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
agree with Fins N Vtwins!

if someone won't make good on their word - let everyone else here know - so we can avoid the same headaches! When criminals were treated like criminals we had far less crime!

PS - great quote!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've been following this for a bit. I guess its time for me to chime in.

I guess that maybe I should be handling even MORE things, than I already do. Sorry guys, I've been a bit busy at work. So lets catch up on a few things here....

1) YES. I still want the box!

2) I recieved only one box. I'm guessing its one of the cans I asked for. I still haven't received the other can yet.

3) No. I did NOT ship what you bought, in my "Divorce Sale Auction", because you NEVER SENT THE MONEY!!! And NO! Its no longer for sale. My inability to hire a laywer and get her out of the house, (due to lack of funds) resulted in me being brutaly beaten one night. I will walk with a limp, the rest of my life now! Thank you!

Can we just kill this this thread now? And get back to what Oldgas is about? Which BTW, its NOT a photo posting blog! Oh wait! I think I made mention of that, in the "Why do people leave the hobby" thread!

Last edited by Thunder II; Mon Nov 28 2011 06:37 PM.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE TIME YOU SHOULD WAIT TO GET ITEM BOUGHT FROM SELLER BEFORE YOU GET NERVOUS AND THINK YOU GOT HOSED? IF YOU SELL SOMETHING AND SHIP SHOULDNT YOU SUPPLY BUYER WITH TRACKING#? I'VE BOUGHT ITEMS HERE BEFORE AND ALL SELLERS GAVE ME TRACKING #'S. THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON THAT AFTER YOU RECIEVE PAYMENT THAT YOU WOULDNT GIVE TRACKING # THERE ARE TWO ITEMS THAT I PURCHASED HERE THAT HAVENT ARRIVED AND ITS BEEN MORE THAN 24 DAYS FOR ONE AND 18 DAYS FOR THE OTHER I KNOW LIFE GETS BUSY BUT YOU GOT PAID HOW ABOUT SOMETHING IN RETURN!!!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved