Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24092 Sun Aug 04 2002 05:42 AM
M
markk Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello to all! This is my first time with this group. I have several questions. I have a pair of Bennett 756 pumps. They came from the same station. One is set up for Regular the other Premium. (Original glass intact). They originally were from a Cities Service station, so the word Regular is in Green and Premium is in Red. When were these pumps manufactured? Are they particularly common? Since the words Premium and Regular are already colored, I probably need to restore these in a Cities Service scheme, but I have yet to see globes and decals as such....Thanks for any help you can give me! Mark Kittleson

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#24093 Sun Aug 04 2002 07:01 AM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
the value on a bennett 756, range from 250.00 to 400.00. the better the condition the higher the price. this pump came out in 1948. an was also sold in the 50s. is this pump common. i would have to say yes.

#24094 Sun Aug 04 2002 11:10 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Mark,
I'm In the middle of restoring two 756's I purchest these a year ago they were in very good condition, Big Cheese is on the mark with the price because I payed $600. for the two of them I looked at several before buying these, so there are a few around, also I feel that they are one of the most sought after pumps around because they identify well with the 50's and 60's hotroders I never have a problem selling one after it's been restored

Chris Holt
#24095 Sun Aug 04 2002 01:02 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mark, Welcome to the hobby. Great find and not a bad price for a pair of Bennett's. For globes and signs go to the beginning of this site, click link directory, vendors new and used, Full Line Petroliana, There are a few there and under link directory you will also find other places to visit. I have dealt with 4 or 5 of the vendors and they all are great to deal with. Fair warning ... this is how I got hooked. It started with pumps then to globes, salt pepper, signs. I still haven't gotten the bug for oil cans yet but it will happen. Buy a couple of books from amazon.com, maybe a magazine and hit some shows which are listed at the beginning of this site under events. Have fun that is what it's all about!!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved