Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi,my name is Mick,and I am a petro holic.(my apology to Joe Harrison .) any way,I decided to score some points with my wife and buy her a new living room couch and loveseat.well,duh!! You cant put a new living room set in the living room without redoing the floor,etc!you would of thought I would have learned my lesson with the laundry room and kitchen.of course the old end tables and coffee table,and lamps are no good anymore either.BUT..... Got me to thinking,maybe I could have my cake and eat it too! So I came up with the idea of making my own lamps.
Now of course these would be refinished,and made "purdy" before I even approach my wife with the idea.was even thinking they could go thru the end table,kinda a table and lamp combo thing.So.... Am I ,like nuts or do you think they might look ok?I mean if Maria likes them,I got the best of both worlds.if I had Harvey polish up the aluminum real nice,put a nice paint job on the rest,wife has lamps that are unique and I get more petro in the house! Put one on each side of the couch,great conversation pieces too! HELP,!!

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Dec 02 2011 04:32 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes, Mick...you do need help! LOL!

Keep us posted petro brother!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think there is the possibility that Maria is going to grab your left ear and walk you around the house. While walking, she will be giving you a swift kick in your b*** at every other step.... But I could be wrong..... but I wouldn't want to bet, on it!

I somehow think she will want lamps that she picks out.... She will allow you to have a few toys, but only on her terms.....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I see She has already moved you & YOUR Stuff to the Garage!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
post picture with new lamp in living room..

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Been there -done that. lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
I think it might just work . good luck. Please post what hospital you will be in.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Make sure to install a 3 way bulb for some mood lighting because she will probably be in a MOOD when she see's that !

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Mick, Are you sure your not from the northwest?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
hmmm...... maybe i should try the powerlube,wagz approach?get it all done and then just wait for her to be away for a bit??im pretty sure she wouldnt throw to many things as the paint will probably be redone too!and the really good thing is i can still run just a little faster than she can,of course she has been working out now for the past year, and that may not be true any more.and since the old furniture is getting tossed,maybe i'll just keep 1 couch in the garage(just in case)heck,i got heat,a frig,and the porta poddy from the boat in there!!am sure i would be nice and comfy,if it came to that. sounding better all the time.. maybe this is a better idea??

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Sat Dec 03 2011 02:48 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mick you needed help long ago my friend lol

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Umm--how 'bout painting the bulb cover and post the same color and pattern as your couch--maybe she won't notice it then? grin grin grin

K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Mick Mick Mick lol I dont know if polishing is going to help you but iam here for you buddy lol

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Old bachelors rule. Unloved but we rule. Mitch

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I think petro's ok for furniture and so does the wife.Bill

php3usVNMAM.jpg
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard