Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#290809 Tue Dec 13 2011 05:07 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I'm getting close to painting my 615, I've primed, blocked, primed again finish sanded, and now the skins are ready. Now I'm wondering what the holes are towards the top of both skins, Mirrored so to speak 8 total on each. The holes measure for what looks like the 'Contains lead' sign the measurements match but there are two at the very top that im confused by, Since this pump is and was in Wisconsin Im wondering if they or some are for the 'Wis test' tag?? Does anyone have pictures of their 615 with all tags on? I've done a search here and cannot find any. I know where the 'Wayne' 'Keep stuffing boxes tight' and the underwriters go but the ones on top I dont know. The pictures I have seen in catalogs ect show the 'Contains Lead' signs are at or near the bottom.

By the way I'm going to paint this in Shell colors, horizontal pieces red, skins yellow with brass rods. Hope to be able to get the paint on in a couple of weeks and I am recording the process to put here later.

Thanks for any help!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi I'm also in Wi,New Berlin to be exact.This my 615 I'm not sure if you can make out where the tags are,but thats where I put them.They are repo skins but I think I copied the factory location of all the tags.
Good luck
Joe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Petroholic; Tue Dec 13 2011 05:41 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joe! Did you bolt that sucker to the floor, or are those fake bolts in the base?

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
T
OP Offline
T
Hello Joe, My daughter and son in law live in Waukesha, I live over Platteville way. I see yours has the 'Contains lead' low also and thats where i've seen them, I have no holes down that low for those signs and based on the dimensions of the holes on top thats where they would go on mine. I'm just confused as I hope someone else has some detailed pics of one with a 'Wis test' placement as I think thats where a pair of those holes belong too. Thanks for the picture man thats a beaut!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kevin on the 615 I put shorty bolts that don't touch the floor,but I have a Fry in the house and the base is only about a 1/8" thick so I took the bolts and cut the head off and glued them in place.I do it with my air pumps also,it looks finished that way.LOL
Here's a pump that I have at the lake home,it was poorly restored years ago,it may not help you but I'll post it anyway.I'm sure it didn't come with two lead signs but thats what the guy did and I never changed it.Is this where yours is located?
Joe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Petroholic; Wed Dec 14 2011 08:51 AM.
S
S
On my orginal 615 skins, they as well have the signs mounted toward the top, like your describing.

Looking for Unique Round Gallon & Quart Antifreeze Cans

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved