Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After reading some post on other topics I have changed my mind. Any of my fellow collectors exect John Jarvis can visit my house, I am afraid if he enters he will take out my whole collection with one fell swoop!!!!!! The Jarvis Jinx is alive and well and living on the reservation with the Indian globes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Count me in- tired of looking at all this stuff myself- would love to show it to other collectors- Im 1/2 hour north of trenton- 1/2 hr south of Rt 78- let me know the guidelines- I agree with Ron- If someone wants to find you they can-thanks don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm IN
I tried the reverse lookup, it said
I DON'T EXSIT !!!!OK, I guess my towers don't EXSIT EITHER !! LOL
[unlisted #]

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Jarvis, you're welcome at the Poor Mans place anytime. As well as anyone else that's in the neighborhood. Just call me up or send an email. Lots to do in Solvang besides looking at my junk anyhow, plus I can probably get you into Mendenhalls too.

If you can't make the drive you can always visit online.

------------------
C Cragg
www.poormansmuseum.com

C Cragg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice guy Curt,
you don't have ANY globes !
I don't think Jack or Mark would appreciate JJ around all those globes [with HIS record] !
LOL

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
COLLECTORS AND OTHERS HAVE BEEN COMING HERE TO SEE MY STUFF FOR YEARS NEVER BEEN A PROBLEM,RULES MAKE PROBLEMS.
THERE SEEMS TO BE AT LEAST TWO KINDS OF COLLECTORS THOSE THAT WANT TO SEE IT AND ENJOY AND THOSE THAT WANT TO KNOW IF ANYTHING IS FOR SALE THE LATTER DON'T SHOW UP AS MUCH.
I WISH I HAD STARTED A REGISTRATION BOOK OF THOSE THAT HAD VISITED.
COME ON IN TAKE A PEAK, SORRY THE COOKIES ARE GONE.

HAVE A GREAT 2005
REX

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rex,
I'll come see ya.....if Nita makes more cookies.
Great idea about the guest book.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I like the idea of viewing others collections if Im in their general area. How about taking this a step further and have people post their collection with pictures? A new forum could be added with locked topic headings assigned to those that want to participate. Each user could take photos of their collections and post it in their labeled topic heading. (i.e. Jim "Oldgas" Potts automotive paint collection)
If the collector accepts visitors, post an e-mail address to schedule a time and location details. The rules that some speak about would seem to be common courtesy, but courtesy varies among people so I understand the need.
Just a thought...

------------------
-Dave-
Slowly progressing on a '54 Tokheim 39

-Dave-
Collects Dino era Sinclair & Mopar items
N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
Jim, Count me in! No pumps, no globes just some cans, a few signs and old cars. Drop me an email if you're going to be in the area.

Later,Bill

------------------
52 Ford F1 Pick up, 66 Nova wagon, and collector of motor oil cans. CoolCustomCD.com
Bill

52 Ford F1 Pick up, 66 Nova wagon, and collector of motor oil cans. CoolCustomCD.com and MYCARS
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
If anyone is going to be in northwest Ohio, send me a e-mail and come on over. Make sure you have plenty of time because once
I start talking petro I never shut up!!

P
P
Visitors are always welcome at my place here in southern Ohio. Just email or call ahead, to be sure I'm around the house. Actually, it would be nice to have some "knowledgeable" folks view my collection.....all the family and neighbors who've seen it respond with comments like "wow, there sure is a lot stuff here", or "boy, it sure is colorful". Most of them don't have a clue!!

------------------
Richard Weir
"Pegasus"
Hillsboro, Ohio

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Visitors are always welcome to stop by the gameroom/garage and enjoy a Pepsi at the soda fountain, play a few games of pinball, look at the pumps and signs and talk about hotrod cars. Email for directions.

Jim Winter
Winfield, WV

Jim Winter
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hi, any of you gas geeks are welcome to stop by our auto repair shop in Seattle about 4 blocks south of Safeco field where the Mariners play to look at our collection on display and look around at what we have in our show room for sale. I would prefer a phone call or email to make sure I'm there to give you the tour, but we are open from 9-5 M-F P.S.T. and someone is always there during buisness hours. Feel free to come on by. Don & Lynn 1.206.264.8807

Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys for the comments and the willingness to sign up. I'll work on a system for hosts to sign up and for visitors to contact hosts with pertinent information. I have some other tasks on the "hot" list first, but this will get done.
I'm considering combining this service with the Collectors Roster , but in separate listings that are clearly explained. If others are interested in joining this program where enthusiasts may contact you via a form to view your collection, let me know on this topic or by email. Your email, street address and phone number will not be exposed on the Web. You decide who and when after you get the form submission from the enthusiast who wants to visit. This will be a good community thing!

shoptalk@oldgas.com

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved