Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I see your point, but you have to keep in mind that ebay is still getting paid for those listings via listing fees- especially well in the case of reserve auctions - even if they don't sell. I do agree that although many of us may moan about paying them -their fees are really fair given the audience and ease of transactions.

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Yep, just another opinion,, maybe from a different background ?
What isn't fair is bashing what another seller considers to be the correct way of doing business on Ebay,, this all really started from this quote " re- high reserve and not sell the item..the people doing it are Untrustworthy, Shady, Crooked,etc. and Nobody I would ever deal with. I pride myself in Honesty and dealing with Honest people that don't try to beat the system any way they can."

Last edited by Wes Hague; Mon Dec 19 2011 04:41 AM.

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wes, put your drink down and read the post from the beginning again. The post is about the practice of advertising your item on ebay with a "reserve not met", then after the auction the sellers will contact the high bidder, (or the 2nd high with the lame excuse the 1st bidder backed out) and offer the sign at a "discount" without having to pay the fees.

The fraud in that is giving people the FALSE pretense of values with fake high bidders

The Post had NOTHING to do with ending auctions early

Last edited by Oldgas; Mon Dec 19 2011 12:35 PM. Reason: edit out personal attack language
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I was going to ask a question in a new post the other day about reserves but after reading this it all make sense to me now. When I put something on eBay with a reserve and somebody emails me and ask what my reserve is I always give it to them. I have nothing to hide just protecting what I have in it. I get upset when I email a seller ask what the reserve is and they get mad and won't tell you because it's a big dark secret but now I get why. I never knew people were doing this.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Beat to death....but I would like to add a little more facts I really haven't seen addressed or acknowledged.

It is far from free to list on Ebay with a reserve. So they do get paid. Listing a $2000 reserve would be $22 up front listing fee. The charge 1% plus $2 for reserve fee.

Also the services you get from an auction company is certainly more. Ebay....seller does ALL the work...setting up the advertising, dealing with the people, collecting money, packaging, shipping,risk of chargeback of the payment. With the auction company, you drop it off and later collect the money.

I have found bigger dollar items (over $1000)at bigger auction companies generally charge 10%.

Jim

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
See, bashing other people is your standard,,,when you put a reserve on an item on ebay it does cost money... How do you know what the seller does when the reserve isn't met,,how do you know he contacts back bidders etc. ? Maybe thats what your doing ? Hmmmmm.... How do you know if I drink or not,,, maybe all your really doing is guessing what other people are doing..Make sure you know what your talking about before you accuse people of doing things you don't agree with.

Wes.......
W
W
We are stopping this bickering now!!!!

I do not see personal attack from the post KZ1000 made. He said "put your drink down and read the post from the beginning again." which i see as a people saying "stop the car"

I think the point has been made and people opinions have been said.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved