Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If everyone is interested in putting an end to superflex_moonbeam's blatantly dishonest business tactics, then I can propose a solution. It would require a concerted effort on the part of about 10-15 e-Bayers/oldgassers. They all make a purchase and then file a complaint for item received-not as listed. Then everyone gets their money back and leaves the appropriate feedback. 15 negatives feedbacks and the time and effort and money that e-Bay would have to invest in the refunds & investigations will result in precise and swift action to be taken. I can guarantee that. Not to mention the fact that this will surely reveal superflex_moonbeam as a e-Bayer who continiously and knowingly sells reproductions as originals.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
E
E
Dave...on ebay, there is a pretty clear (and they enforce it) rule about intentionally damaging someones feedback...if such a thing happened and that seller could show something like what you just posted here...not only would he get all the negatives removed, but all those people would most likely get suspended, probably forever. Of course, a plan like that could work, but putting it in writing on the internet...well you see my point....I hope.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with what you state in your post. That is why I said appropriate feedback. I am of the opinion that he or she is selling reproductions. I am suggesting that if other like minded persons are interested in confirming their suspicion's. Then we as a group can check for ourselves. If you bid on an original sign and receive a reproduction then you are entitled to leave feedback that accurately documents your experience based on your personal experience with that seller. I don't see where intentionally we are damaging someone's feedback. We as a community are asserting our right to protect ourselves from reproductions. We as bona fide collector's have the right to protect our hobby and investments. And further as e-Bayer's we have the right to ensure that all member's conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to fair trading with the utmost intregrity, honesty and good faith. It is our collective duty to uphold and protect these values. The e-Bayer in question has refused to answer our concern's. Silence is usually a right excersised by the guilty.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
E
E
Hey......I'm not defending any person....I'm just say'n.....to PLAN a group effort...well, be careful there.......that's all I'm say'n.

Online Cool
Manipulation of the feedback system to go after a seller could get the participants and this Web site in more trouble than the reproduction seller.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
E
E
EXACTLY!

J
Jamie P Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Now "service_station" is selling a NOS Goodyear sign he said he found in it's original box but incredibly he doesn't have the original box any more. Maybe his dog ate it.

D
D
what he told one buyer was that he bought the standard signs 20 years ago from a 70 plus year old man who is no longer around..

E
E
Gee...that's a really original story! Never heard that one before! lol!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved