Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#24959 Sat Mar 29 2003 02:21 AM
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Besides gas stuff..... I've got a 70 Plymouth Superbird 440-6, 1/2 of a 65 Mustang convertable, Massey 97, 2- BF Avery's, a couple of Fairbanks Morse model Z hit and miss engines (I just lucked onto the second one today) and I collect anything to do with the outlaw Harry Tracy..... and World Champion Cowboy and Stuntman Yakima Canutt.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#24960 Sat Mar 29 2003 03:31 AM
L
L
Hello, everybody! I am new to "Primarily Petroliana," but...couldn't you just thank God for a great forum like this? I cut trademarks out of road maps (the older, the better!) and first doodled gas-stations, both at age two (1965-'66). This was LONG before I first cartooned (age five, 1969)...or designed my first logo (age eight, 1972)...or first doodled antique, classic, & sports cars (age ten, 1974). More details in my "About Me" page on eBay.
Hmmmm...other collectibles? What most of you collect, I call "commercial/popular culture" collectibles. (Not "Americana"--because Europe, Canada, Australia, & New Zealand ALL have THEIR share of antique-car & "petrol" collectors. And hey--don't forget about Japanese comics/animation collectors over here!) They're ALL from impoverished & middle-class culture, just like folk art). BUT: They were (and are) designed, written, or composed by the professionals, for mass-production. (However: For rap, heavy metal, & bubblegum-pop CDs...early-1990s imitators of DC & Marvel Comics...ninja videogames... 1970s Detroit (and TV "kidvid")...and videos of R-rated, teen-guy comedies--are all these "professional"? Uh...gotta think about that one....)
Anyway, here are my five categories
other than "Petroliana." (1.) PLASTIC soft-drink signs (graphic-design work). (2.)Old magazines, esp. pre-1930 (again, graphic design). (3.)Old stereo LPs, almost any music genre (graphic-design, amateur Music Therapy). (4.)Automobilia--esp. from medium-priced & independent brands (auto & industrial design). (5.) Animal-humanoid, "furry-fandom" (MGM/Warners/Disney-style cartooning & writing, learning computer animation). But I include funny-animal comic-books, videogames, Olympic & athletic mascots, &c.--not just movie & TV animation!
To "V-Gas" (model-cars), "danceswithpumps" (whose wife collects M&Ms characters), and Jack Sim (i.e., sales catalogues)--any chance we can write & phone one another, maybe?
I LOVE this Web-site thus far; "Oldgas" has done us a BIG service, hasn't he? (And I've never designed a Web-page yet!) Before I leave you: Although I had been against ol' George W's military intervention, at first--please PRAY for VICTORY! Pray for a GENEROUS "Marshall Plan" for both Iraq and Afghanistan. And, of course--PRAY for our HEROES in the stinking, dusty midst of it all! (How many of you collectors out there have 'em in your families?) God bless!

------------------
Michael Shepherd Studio

Michael Shepherd Studio
#24961 Sat Mar 29 2003 03:34 AM
L
L
Hello, everybody! I am new to "Primarily Petroliana," but...couldn't you just thank God for a great forum like this? I cut trademarks out of road maps (the older, the better!) and first doodled gas-stations, both at age two (1965-'66). This was LONG before I first cartooned (age five, 1969)...or designed my first logo (age eight, 1972)...or first doodled antique, classic, & sports cars (age ten, 1974). More details in my "About Me" page on eBay.
Hmmmm...other collectibles? What most of you collect, I call "commercial/popular culture" collectibles. (Not "Americana"--because Europe, Canada, Australia, & New Zealand ALL have THEIR share of antique-car & "petrol" collectors. And hey--don't forget about Japanese comics/animation collectors over here!) They're ALL from impoverished & middle-class culture, just like folk art). BUT: They were (and are) designed, written, or composed by the professionals, for mass-production. (However: For rap, heavy metal, & bubblegum-pop CDs...early-1990s imitators of DC & Marvel Comics...ninja videogames... 1970s Detroit (and TV "kidvid")...and videos of R-rated, teen-guy comedies--are all these "professional"? Uh...gotta think about that one....)
Anyway, here are my five categories
other than "Petroliana." (1.) PLASTIC soft-drink signs (graphic-design work). (2.)Old magazines, esp. pre-1930 (again, graphic design). (3.)Old stereo LPs, almost any music genre (graphic-design, amateur Music Therapy). (4.)Automobilia--esp. from medium-priced & independent brands (auto & industrial design). (5.) Animal-humanoid, "furry-fandom" (MGM/Warners/Disney-style cartooning & writing, learning computer animation). But I include funny-animal comic-books, videogames, Olympic & athletic mascots, &c.--not just movie & TV animation!
To "V-Man" (model-cars), "Danceswithpumps" (whose wife collects M&Ms characters), and Jack Sim (i.e., sales catalogues)--any chance we can write & phone one another, maybe?
I LOVE this Web-site thus far; "Oldgas" has done us a BIG service, hasn't he? (And I've never designed a Web-page yet!) Before I leave you: Although I had been against ol' George W's military intervention, at first--please PRAY for VICTORY! Pray for a GENEROUS "Marshall Plan" for both Iraq and Afghanistan. And, of course--PRAY for our HEROES in the stinking, dusty midst of it all! (How many of you collectors out there have 'em in your families?) God bless!

------------------
Michael Shepherd Studio

Michael Shepherd Studio
#24962 Sat Mar 29 2003 04:19 PM
B
B
I can't beleive that there are this many junk collectors out there!!! That's what my wife calls all my treasures when I first acquire them. I collect anything that's neet,that I can restore, and that's cheap.Drink machines(especially Coke),cash registers,pedal cars,and even a player piano. My first love is old cars(presently a 42 Chevrolet and 34 Pontiac). That's how I got into gas pumps & stuff. If you have old cars you got to have the stuff to go with them. The older,the uglier, the rarer the better. The only bad habit I have is selling when someone makes me an offer I can't refuse. My wife gets mad when I make a treasure out of junk and then sell it. I tell her more money for more junk. Oh well!!
I'm getting to enjoy this site more every time I log on. KEEP IT UP !!!!!!!!!!

Beasly

#24963 Sun Apr 06 2003 01:28 AM
B
B
My petroliana collection is mostly maps and other paper, I like to find and fix up old tube-type TV sets. I especially like the round screen sets. I have five (four color, one black and white). I'm looking for more. For me, there is nothing more satisfying than finding an old roundie on the curb and bringing it back to life. In fact, a couple of my round color sets have better pictures than the sets currently being madt today. If anyone here collects vintage tube electronics, I have one word of advice. Don't plug it in and turn it on. I can provide links for proper startup of these old relics. My main interest now is old TV, but if I see petrol that interests me, I go for it. Best to all.

#24964 Sun Apr 06 2003 08:00 AM
R
R
Glad to see I,m not crazy!!!! I have a big block 57 Belair,a 1969 Raleigh Chopper bicycle,collect Fantastic Four and Submariner silver age comics,old postcards of my hometown,license plates,dig old bottles,build customized bicycles.....the list goes on! Ratmotor.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved