Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Quick, I grew up in NY where they call it pop, but here in New England, its soda. So far, from my limited experience, i guess a gas pump is a gas pump everywhere in the states anyway. Probably a Petrol pump in Europe I assume.

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Lyle get with Wes (Thermator) and see if Tara has a sister ? LOL

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Hey, thanks for the idea, but gas pumps are EZer to get along with and they don't want you sell them for new stuff. LOL

Thanks Lyle westneb44@yahoo.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't know but I think my 39 just told me, if my Wife got a job I could get it a new top, ad glass, Globe and a paint job! I don't think she's going to be happy when I let her know. LOL
Mike

M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Come on newbies, no one else is gonna step-up and tell about themselves?

O
O
Hey Gang,
Newb here, just discovered the website, first post so be gentle.
I'm Jim, a 50 something claims adjuster, in Harrison, Arkansas. The wife of 17 years, She Who Must Be Obeyed, and I bought a hundred year old Victorian home 5 years ago, and have finished the remodel, etc., so now I get to turn the old garage out back into an old country gas station. I've picked up a
National pump, model C38, in Gulf colors, circa 1948, along with a few other bits and pieces. If anyone has sources for National parts, I'd like to hear about them. Thanks for listening, and Merry Christmas to all.

Jim

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Check out the links to parts suppliers on this site. Vics 66, Ron Scobie and Gas Pump Heaven all carry parts for the National A-38. Most parts should be interchangeable to your pump.

Bill Fortune
O
O
My name is Jim, and I`m an inspector for the county building department. Originally from Michigan, but living in Florida half mylife. I have 6 boys, 3 grown & gone, 3 still at home. We are a family of collectors. My wife has a HUGE Coca-Cola collection, with a little bit of everything they ever put their name on. One of my boys collects Hess trucks, jackets, hats, etc. One collects NASCAR toys. I collect radiator caps from the late 1920s to the mid 1930s....(all the birds, rockets, Gods & Godesses, etc.) Somehow, the wife`s Coke collection just blended into gas station stuff, and we added gas pumps, globes, oil racks, and signs. Most of that is in the garage with 4 classic cars. The ultimate find would be a "bowl pump", that pre-dates the sidewalk, or curb pumps.
Our Tokheim 620 is our favorite. No particular favorite brand, but would like to add a Phillips shield globe, and a Standard flame to the collection some day.

Too many toys, not enough play-time!
S
S
Well Im not a newbie but Im a lurker and havent been on here in a while....
My name is Scott and I live at Lake Powell
Im parts manager at a (the) Ford dealership here. 47 years old married to Susie for 16 years 2 great teenage sons. I feel like Ive collected it all, then sold it, If I had all the stuff Ive had and sold I could retire a wealthy man, Double digits of 50s-60s VW`s, a bunch of 60s Chevy musclecars 5 Camaros, a Chevelle, several trucks. I did pedal cars before they were re-popped, cigarette machines, Soda vending machines, popcorn machines, still have a few pinball machines, and some parking meters. My wife says if its a large metal object I like it. I currently have a Wayne visible Rat-Resto`d on my patio and a Tokheim 39 in my living room and another in the workshop. I have gotten lots of useful info here and met some nice folks

J
J
Hello, I'm Jeff from Minnesota, 47 years old, I do environmental work, married, two boys in college. Other than the Gilbarco 96C I recently purchased at a farm auction for 40 bucks, the only other gas station related item I have is a plastic Sinclair dinosaur bank I got as a kid. I really don't have any favorites at this time.
I really appreciate the help I have already received from this site and the members. You may get tired of the simple questions I ask, I really don't know anything, such as: How many cranks does it take to reset a VR? (looks like 1 complete turn would work) What does The H-C stand for in the Sinclair sign? I could go on and on.
BTW we call it a pop machine up here in MN, my uncle in Florida calls it a Coke machine regardless of brand.

Jeff

B
B
* Bill from CT
* Paramedic
* I dig pumps
* Gilbarco 996 (Cause it's what I just finished)
* I'm partial to Atlantic, Gulf & Mobil
* Brand spanking new!
* Grew-up in gas stations. My father ran one of the finest service stations around!
*Old Gas!!!!

------------------
Under Construction & Over Budget...of course

"I'm just thinking about what to think about"

1951 Ford F3 - "Fred"

[This message has been edited by Boxcar2282 (edited 12-26-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Boxcar2282 (edited 12-26-2006).]

Vis a Tergo

1947 G&B 996 - Atlantic Hi-Arc
194? Tokheim 39B - Texaco Fire Chief
1951 Ford F3 - "Fred"
T
T
Hi Guys, my name is John, 32 years young!! Married with 2 young boys (2 years and 4 weeks).I am from Victoria, Australia and I work in customer service. I have been on this site for about 2 years and have added to my collection from other members on this site.
I collect 1LB grease cans and handy oilers.
My favourite companies are Golden Fleece, Texaco, Atlantic and Esso.
I am always prepared to buy or swap oilers and grease cans.
The hobby creates great interest for both me and my family and nearly every weekend is taken up hunting down those elusive oil cans.
The ultimate for me would be to visit the Hershey and Carlisle swapmeets over there in the USA, but I think I might have to wait for my boys to get a little older!!
If you would like to sell or swap any oilers send me an email and I will reply asap.
Happy hunting !!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Boxcar2282,
A Paramedic RESUSCITATING
OLD GAS PUMPS ! LOL
db

S
S
Well you can't find more of a "newbie" on this website than me. This is POST #1. Hello to fellow new-b JeffW just 3 towns north-ish of me. Any other Minnesotans that would like to sound off? Drop me a line if you would like.

I have to say my favorite pump at this time is the Wayne 70 or the 100. There is something about those shoulders that look good on a pump.

My favorite station brand is in my user-name, Skelly. It also happens to be the brand that was on the first pump I got at an auction. That is what started it all for me.

I just had the pleasure to meet TomD this weekend and he had the pleasure to empty my billfold. Thanks for the M&S 80 too!

My other bad habit happens to be 67-72 Chevy Suburbans, trucks, and Blazers..... What can I say. It's a sickness that helps fill the barn, the shed, and my other shed. The good news is, Gas pumps sure are a lot smaller!

------------------
I like anything Skelly and all 67-72 GM Trucks, Suburbans & Blazers. The more the merrier!

I like anything Skelly and all 67-72 GM Trucks, Suburbans & Blazers. The more the merrier!
P
P
Name is John Nelson, live in Rice Lake WI. I'm Married to a semi-understanding wife and 3 kids. Thanks to Tom D for letting me know about this site and for selling me my first Pump to restore/ Bennett 1066, and recently an Ecco Air Meter.. Thanks TOM! I mainly collect Coca-Cola memorabilia 1950's and earlier. I Have over 7 1950's Coke Machines, 100+ Coke signs, and some other vintage coin op stuff. Got into Pumps cause they look as cool as an old Coke Machine, and wanted to have some stuff to put with my 59 Vette. I would like to build an old Texaco style service station/shop/storage/collection building someday. Love the Hobby, love this site. Can't wait to start restoring the Bennett.
Thanks

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved